Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the hardest game to choose MOTM. There are too many good performances today. But I end up voting for Iwobi because he is everywhere, from right side to central to left side. And pop up in defense. Not mention that wonderful assist. Who is this Iwobi?

Tactics, player's energy worked today. slight tactical change it seems. Well done. hope can build on this performance. I hope FL can work on each player gelling with each other. I feel certain part of our team has yet to gel and we can be quite deadly once they do.

Think Palace we’re trying to flip the script and not let us attack the Street end 2nd half after last time …didn’t work lol
Worth a try though in fairness, anything to disrupt our regular flow. Thankfully didn't impact us at all and the Palace fans got to see two goals right in front of their noses.

Official ratings:

Pickford - 7 - Rarely tested, solid when needed.
Coleman - 8 - Legs surprisingly fresh and kept Zaha anonymous throughout. Did his job very well.
Tarkowski - 8 - What a great partnership he's struck up with Coady already. Hopefully neither of them end up injured any time in the near future.
Coady - 8 - What a great partnership he's struck up with Tarkowski already. Hopefully neither of them end up injured any time in the near future.
Mykolenko - 7 - Solid at the back and attacked better than most games this season. Probably should have done better with his shot that led to the goal, but at least he forced the goalkeeper to spill it and did right by shooting across him. Poor by Guita like.
Gueye - 8 - Dominated the midfield battle.
Onana - 9 - A fabulous performance. In front of the defence, breaking forward, drifting out wide, an all-action display.
Iwobi - 10 - Two assists, one of which was disgracefully cheeky and delicious, and sheer hard work and determination that made his own luck.
Gordon - 9 - Much improved, more disciplined, got the goal, worked hard and displayed a good attitude. More of this and less of what we've seen the past month please.
Gray - 6 - Always potentially dangerous, but our obvious weak link due to his regular wasteful final ball.
Lewin - 8 - Lovely goal, powerful in the challenge and a real handful for their defence.

Subs:
McNeil - 8 - About as good an impact as you can have from the bench. Finally a strong run, albeit against tiring legs and kept his composure to read the assist and tuck it home.
Other subs - 7 - Solid enough against a mentally defeated side who'd already checked out of Goodison.

Iwobi, Tarkowski, Onana, Gana, Dom, Gordon, loads had great games yesterday and the team as a whole gelled so well. i gave it to Seamus, because he rolled the years back yesterday and not only nullified their best player, but gave a true captains performance too.

I know his legs are going and that is apparent almost every game you see him play now. But the heart, the commitment and the love for our club havent faded!

BB4B2583-EFFC-4BB2-AE63-EAE57844704C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.