Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fairly realistic to expect a Premier league football team to get at least 2 or 3 shots on target in a game of football, or maybe its just me
I wouldn't disagree that not having enough shots is very poor. I think this is down to the fact we've got a team that is now we'll drilled defensively and lost one of its main attacking threats pre-season that wasn't replaced adequately. Yes we are letting a goal in but not like last season where you could just see teams scoring a number of goals against us with comparative ease. We defo need to change our set up to try and give us a more attacking threat which for me is sacrificing gray or Gordon playing two up top (possibly pushing iwobi Futher forward) but it's clear the present set up is just not attacking minded enough or possibly just doesn't have that quality available.

Our so called forwards just keep passing sideways or backwards instead of shooting, what are they afraid of ?

Have to say though we were playing against 12 men (11 Toon players and the referee), darn sure we should have had a penalty and they fouled in the lead up to their goal which was not given.

Our forwards need to shoot at every opportunity. Instead we had Gray, Gordon, Dom and Maupay when he came on, picking up the ball and trying to force their way into the area. Take a shot at goal when the opportunity arises and you may get a deflection or a rebound to a team mate who can have a go. That's all Newcastle did - nothing fancy, take a pot shot and see what happens. Their goal came from what was, in my opinion, a speculative punt that went over JP into the net.
Exactly.
You'll never win a prize without getting a ticket

I wouldn't disagree that not having enough shots is very poor. I think this is down to the fact we've got a team that is now we'll drilled defensively and lost one of its main attacking threats pre-season that wasn't replaced adequately. Yes we are letting a goal in but not like last season where you could just see teams scoring a number of goals against us with comparative ease. We defo need to change our set up to try and give us a more attacking threat which for me is sacrificing gray or Gordon playing two up top (possibly pushing iwobi Futher forward) but it's clear the present set up is just not attacking minded enough or possibly just doesn't have that quality available.
Agree 100%. It’s one or the other and not both, at the moment Gray is in better form out of the 2. If the team wants possession of the ball like in the second half last night, we should be less reliant on counter attacking with the pace of both of them, especially as they are currently offering little creativity. Get 2 up front or Maupey just behind DCL and get the full backs involved

Outplayed mostly in the first half. No adventure in 2nd. Like the look of Garner but came on too late. Why take off DCL when McNeil was introduced. Surely he's the best crosser for DCL? Not read all the thread - just too depressed but anyone notice Maupay wearing the wrong socks? Bet the FA fine us a bundle for that.
Thought they bullied us - and Trippier was chief nark with Schar. Trippiers set piece delivery is as good as De Bruyne. We should have bought him. Anyway - let's remember our treatment and boot sh**e out of them at GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.