Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, as a born Soviet, if he identifies as Ukrainian, Russian or as a person from a non-existent entity (USSR).

My Mrs (Kiev born) identifies as the latter choice.

obviously i don't know the guy so can't say for sure but he did choose to represent Russia rather than Ukraine after the USSR fell

Desperation now. This isn't going to end well, sadly. No off ramp for Putin now. Once the annexation of Donbass is complete the dynamic of the conflict changes. Worries me what happens next.
new clear?
Only possible way for him now.
Either he gets ousted or were all in trouble.

new clear?
Only possible way for him now.
Either he gets ousted or were all in trouble.

Tactical nuclear weapon on a small target would be a significant change of tac. Not out of the question but as @davek stated the now annexed Kherson and (sp) Zhaporizia will give him some room to bargain maybe.

If not and Ukranian army seen as invaders then the tactical nuke option remains a realistic possibility. At that point, the game changes for everyone.

Worryingly he's all but beaten. The activation of 300k reservist to fight prove that. Also buys him time to train more robust Brigades through winter, which is coming before a push in likely Spring.

Whatever, things will get worse before they improve.

Tactical nuclear weapon on a small target would be a significant change of tac. Not out of the question but as @davek stated the now annexed Kherson and (sp) Zhaporizia will give him some room to bargain maybe.

If not and Ukranian army seen as invaders then the tactical nuke option remains a realistic possibility. At that point, the game changes for everyone.

Worryingly he's all but beaten. The activation of 300k reservist to fight prove that. Also buys him time to train more robust Brigades through winter, which is coming before a push in likely Spring.

Whatever, things will get worse before they improve.

….Putin’s major issue is recruiting soldiers who are not up for the fight. No amount of training can change the situation in play; an army who will die for the cause against an army who don’t want to fight.

We’ve seen pictures this week of young Russians fleeing into Georgia to avoid being called-up.

What‘s surprised me is how ineffective the Russian army has been. I remember when this kicked off & experts were predicting Russians walking into Kyiv within days. The nuclear threat is clear but beyond that, I’m not sure the Russian people will fight for this cause.

Last edited:
….Putin’s major issue is recruiting soldiers who are not up for the fight. No amount of training can change the situation in play; an army who will die for the cause against an army who don’t want to fight.

We’ve seen pictures this week of young Russians fleeing into Georgia to avoid being called-up.

What‘s surprised me is how ineffective the Russian army has been. I remember when this kicked off & experts were predicting Russians walking into Kyiv within days. The nuclear threat is clear but beyond that, I’m not sure the Russian people will fight for this cause.
A bit like playing a reserve team in an FA cup game against Swansea or some championship team.

New signing?

J/k I seem to remember a worldy he scored with his only foot, the left soon after joining. I try to tell my son that he needs to use both feet but Seamus Coleman and this fella stand as counter examples making a liar of me.

New signing?

J/k I seem to remember a worldy he scored with his only foot, the left soon after joining. I try to tell my son that he needs to use both feet but Seamus Coleman and this fella stand as counter examples making a liar of me.
tbf theres a player named Bergkamp that was/is immediately one footed, and oh mama could that boy play...

Status
Not open for further replies.