Yobo not happy at club...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, which is why I said "Footballs there to be played, fair play if he feels now is the time to move on".

His heart isn't going to be in it he's not playing. It's no disservice on his part to the club. Evertonians in general are too prone to slating any departing player. It's dissapointing really.

You're on a roll.

Don't stop.

The fact of the matter is he's not first choice anymore, he's on high wage and he's a 29-30 year old who relies heavily on pace and athleticism. We don't have any money and if we are going to progress we really need to find a way of raising it and improving other areas of the team. I struggle to see how it wouldn't be a good deal for Yobo and the club.

We have two better centre backs and a left footed clone of Yobo who's only recently joined us. It'd be a smart move for me. And not everybody has always been convinced by Joseph Yobo, he's always had his doubters.

If we can keep hold of him and improve other areas then great, we could keep him and he'd be decent 3rd/4th choice backup. But I can't see how we'll do that, we don't have money.

Yobo's definitely not shizer, but seems his days are numbered as first choice, or at least first choice in a partnership

I'd prefer him playing over Distin, but I'd prefer Heitinga and Jagiekla over Yobo at the back.....If £6m + came in for him, I wouldn't say no. But he's been a really good player for Everton over the years, facto

Kept his mouth shut for years, played 2nd fiddle to Stubbs and Weir never once opened his trap and gone crying, not once, not even now.

Not my first choice CB, but as others have said, miles better than Dustbin, would hate to see him leave, but no way to I blame him for wanting too, if true that is.

As I say, he hasnt said a word, still.

Well said Goat the man has dignity. I'm still a fan, like many I wouldn't put him as first choice now, but he has been a great servant to our club. If he wants to move on then I thank him, wish him well and will remember him fondly and with respect.

The fact of the matter is he's not first choice anymore, he's on high wage and he's a 29-30 year old who relies heavily on pace and athleticism. We don't have any money and if we are going to progress we really need to find a way of raising it and improving other areas of the team. I struggle to see how it wouldn't be a good deal for Yobo and the club.

We have two better centre backs and a left footed clone of Yobo who's only recently joined us. It'd be a smart move for me. And not everybody has always been convinced by Joseph Yobo, he's always had his doubters.

If we can keep hold of him and improve other areas then great, we could keep him and he'd be decent 3rd/4th choice backup. But I can't see how we'll do that, we don't have money.

And those people would be flat wrong. But don't let that stop you from making a case for selling Yobo on for cash.

Joey Yobo?
thumbsup_arniesmall.jpg

And those people would be flat wrong. But don't let that stop you from making a case for selling Yobo on for cash.

Well it's a game of opinions I guess, but that's not the case for selling him, the case would be he's not first choice, he's on big wages, he's 29 and we could actually raise a bit of money on him and you know, improve the squad a touch. How about that?

Well it's a game of opinions I guess, but that's not the case for selling him, the case would be he's not first choice, he's on big wages, he's 29 and we could actually raise a bit of money on him and you know, improve the squad a touch. How about that?

Tell the truth mate you pulled that from a Zanetti thread on an Inter site last summer didnt you!

I have been a Yobo fan since his debut, he was something very different to what we had previously been used to at this point. We had been used to turning up and seeing stalwarts at the heart of defence; the Goughs, Stubbs, Weirs...

Joey offered athleticism and youth, as well as a different approach to defending, playing his way out of trouble whilst retaining possession.

During the latter parts of his spell at GP we have undergone a similar evolution defensively, particularly with the signing of Heitinga. Far be it from Moyes to neglect the nitty gritty dogs of war mentality of defending, however nowadays in football you need to be good at this as well as be comfortable moving out of position with the ball.

Yobo has it in his locker, I've seen it for Nigeria, but unfortunately the other parts of his game such as positional sense and reading the game are inferior compared to Jagielka and Heitinga.

We can't afford to be sentimental if we want to improve, and Yobo is a saleable asset. I'd love to keep him but if there is money to be raised to go towards what we really need then Moyes has to be ruthless.

I'd like people to consider this however; do you all really see Jagielka and Heitinga as our first choice CB partnership for the forseeable future? I'm not sure I do. From what I have seen of Heitinga in that position I'd much rather he was used in midfield as a holding player. Moyes has a preference for a left footed and right footed partnership, which suggests Sylvain Distin is his preference with Jagielka. He could even put Jagielka and Yobo together, which has proven to be, lest we forget, one of the most solid partnerships of Moyes' reign.

I think it's win-win either way, we keep him and we have a very capable player, we sell him and we strengthen elsewhere and are adequately covered.

Zanetti is a regular at Inter, one of the best players of his generation, plays for a club who play alot of games season in season out and who have money and can sign players on a regular basis. That, and he's a very versatile player, unlike Yobo. Right back, left back, centre midfield - this is a top, top player as Paul Merson would say.

Zanetti is a regular at Inter, one of the best players of his generation, plays for a club who play alot of games season in season out and who have money and can sign players on a regular basis. That, and he's a very versatile player, unlike Yobo. Right back, left back, centre midfield - this is a top, top player as Paul Merson would say.

Not rocket sceince really after winning the champions league though is it.

Well said Goat the man has dignity. I'm still a fan, like many I wouldn't put him as first choice now, but he has been a great servant to our club. If he wants to move on then I thank him, wish him well and will remember him fondly and with respect.

Yeah he was more than a bit iffy at times last year, and he's always dropped the odd clanger over the seasons, but he's been a great servant and there was a time, remember, when we we desperate to sign him permanently as his loan spell progressed. Back then you could probably argue he was one of our very best players, such was our plight. Since then, of course, Moyes has steadily improved the squad and he's now no longer the best centre half at the club but I'd be sad to see him leave. Every ambitious club should have at least three or four decent to good centre halves on their books and Yobo still falls into that bracket in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.