Yobo not happy at club...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy if Yobo would be sold, because of this being an only realistic way to raise some money to re-invest, without selling starting XI player or a player with big promise.
Still wouldn't be happy about Yakubu leaving though.

I agree !!

If he doesn't want to be there, he can go. Get some money, invest in a better player!

No-one needs players who don't have their heart in it, anyway.

If I was an International Captain and past Everton player of the year - I'd be off like a shot at any indication of Distin being preferred. He's ten times the player Distin is.

Footballs there to be played, fair play if he feels now is the time to move on. Any slur towards such a tremendous Everton servant on that basis is disgraceful.

A past Everton player of the year, a record appearance holder, a past Captain - if you call him [Poor language removed], you're effectively calling Everton [Poor language removed].

Yobo has contributed greatly to the club. He's an established international who has given us most of his career, he doesn't owe us anything, and he's played his part in the Moyes revolution which leads so many people to now conclude that he's no longer good enough for the club. If it's true that he's no longer happy here then the right thing to do for eveyone involved is to move him on, and he will leave with the best wishes of myself and any other blues who can remember anything beyond the last year or two.

If I was an International Captain and past Everton player of the year - I'd be off like a shot at any indication of Distin being preferred. He's ten times the player Distin is.

Footballs there to be played, fair play if he feels now is the time to move on. Any slur towards such a tremendous Everton servant on that basis is disgraceful.
I agree mate but if he's not happy he has to go. Personally I like the lad and he's been a good signing for us plus he's helped us get where we are today. Good luck to him and I'd wish him all the best for the future because he'll still do a job for someone. He might blow hot and cold but you cant question his commitment for the blues over the years he's been here. Wish him well he's been good blue.

A past Everton player of the year, a record appearance holder, a past Captain - if you call him [Poor language removed], you're effectively calling Everton [Poor language removed].

Agreed, good post!

It's true that he is/was a great player. He's done well for the club, no-one's denying that. But let's face it, if he doesn't have his heart there any more, it's time for him to move on.

It's true that he is/was a great player. He's done well for the club, no-one's denying that. But let's face it, if he doesn't have his heart there any more, it's time for him to move on.

Of course, which is why I said "Footballs there to be played, fair play if he feels now is the time to move on".

His heart isn't going to be in it he's not playing. It's no disservice on his part to the club. Evertonians in general are too prone to slating any departing player. It's dissapointing really.

Of course, which is why I said "Footballs there to be played, fair play if he feels now is the time to move on".

His heart isn't going to be in it he's not playing. It's no disservice on his part to the club. Evertonians in general are too prone to slating any departing player. It's dissapointing really.

But I don't slate players :')
Mainly because I don't want people to hate me, I would like people to stay friendly on here :')
But, I guess it's easy to get annoyed when players don't want to stay at a club.

But I don't slate players :')
Mainly because I don't want people to hate me, I would like people to stay friendly on here :')
But, I guess it's easy to get annoyed when players don't want to stay at a club.

I know ;), I meant in general Evertonians are too quick to slate departing players, we must have more 'JUDAS!' players than any other club. Sometimes, it's unwarranted and I think you're right when you say it's because it's easy to get annoyed when players dont want to stay.

Hmm. Well, I do think he's been a good defender (mostly) but his distribution has frequently been suspect and, if we are attempting to move to a ball-playing defence->midfield->attack, then his time is approaching. Which he and the club probably both recognise. So fair enough, if he wants to go and we can get what we want for him, I'll say thanks a bunch and wish him luck. Just as I did with Kilbane or Carsley and will do with Hibbert and, eventually, Neville and Cahill.

Good, sometimes great, servants all - but time moves on with their careers and age and with the club.

No, fair enough if he wants to leave. I wont forget the years of service he's given us.

But he's really not good enough for us. I'd keep him as a third choice centre back, but if that doesn't suit him, then fair enough, he can leave and he'll have my best wishes

Yobo has been a great payer for us, I'd keep him and get rid of Distin but I don't think he or Yakubu will be with us next season.

I'm on your side with this Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.