Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really surprise me that, as he does a lot of running across the back line when the opposition is in possession in their own half and he does chase down the angled balls over the top.

The issue isn't that he doesn't move at all, but that he doesn't move at the right time in the right areas, such as identifying a pocket of space and dropping into it for the pass from midfield to feet, or to challenge for the header in the air with his back to goal.

So it'd be interesting to see those stats broke down into by area of the pitch and when the team is in possession.

He does run into good spaces, he does this all the time but the ball never goes to him early enough.

The midfielders this season have played far too many sideways and backwards passes when a forward pass has been on. The transition play from defence to attack is a fraction of the speed it was last season.

When Everton drop this kind money for player he need to show at list desire , not walking from offside back when play is active , not be a shadow for nearly 2 games and if u can't score at list u can help with Corners . He look kinda disinterested to me. Fight at list and dont make 12 offsides in 2 games

I think it's now plain to everyone willing to look at things totally objectively that we were completely screwed over Lukaku. I'm fed up with people defending him because of his age. Yes he's a decent enough finisher but the fact is he's lacking the kind of abilities that you can't train a player in eg positioning, movement into space, desire etc.

When Everton drop this kind money for player he need to show at list desire , not walking from offside back when play is active , not be a shadow for nearly 2 games and if u can't score at list u can help with Corners . He look kinda disinterested to me. Fight at list and dont make 12 offsides in 2 games

Wouldn't you be disinterested with the complete lack of service? The complete bottle job of your manager moving players out of position?

Any top player with desire would be fed up under this manager I would be gutted if they wasn't as that would show the players happy with mid table mediocrity.

I think it's now plain to everyone willing to look at things totally objectively that we were completely screwed over Lukaku. I'm fed up with people defending him because of his age. Yes he's a decent enough finisher but the fact is he's lacking the kind of abilities that you can't train a player in eg positioning, movement into space, desire etc.

Is it also plain to everyone who is "willing" to look at his performances from last season or have they forgotten those?

Lukaku is not doing well. The entire team is not doing well.

To single out Lukaku doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Roberto continues to play the wrong players in the wrong positions around him, then he'll continue to do poorly due to a lack of opportunities or service. If he was constantly missing chances being served on a plate to him, then I'd be worried that we were "screwed over."

But that isn't the case and should be plain to everyone who's willing to see it.

what an awful player he is. Said it.
What an awful post this is.

Over the constant blaming of Rom, I firmly believe he's under preforming but so is 90% of our team. I know he's the only player that cost us so much money but he's getting [Poor language removed] all service. Yes he's gotta improve and I know he will but why do we need to have posts like this every single time we lose.

There was so many more things that went much more wrong today than how he played.

What an awful post this is.

Over the constant blaming of Rom, I firmly believe he's under preforming but so is 90% of our team. I know he's the only player that cost us so much money but he's getting [Poor language removed] all service. Yes he's gotta improve and I know he will but why do we need to have posts like this every single time we lose.

There was so many more things that went much more wrong today than how he played.
For the second match running Lukaku was never anywhere near a ball in the penalty area. yes, that's partly because we get the ball into the box on so few occasions, but it's also to do with his total lack of positional sense and a lack of will to get in where it hurts and make things go right.

If I could have 2 minutes with RM I would ask him one question. Why did you spend 28 million pounds on a player who's ability as a striker is built on counter attack football running with ball at his feet and put him in a possession based team and stick him back to goal.

I think at the moment I would be trying for more than one question.:dodgy:

Why does it have to be 4-2-3-1 no matter what, week in week out with the result that Barkley and Eto'o are the square pegs being hammered into round holes?

If I could have 2 minutes with RM I would ask him one question. Why did you spend 28 million pounds on a player who's ability as a striker is built on counter attack football running with ball at his feet and put him in a possession based team and stick him back to goal.

Nail on head.

All those comments about us outdoing Chelsea because we signed their strikers look a bit stupid now.

Mourinho knew we we're desperate and took us to the cleaners

Crap

His movement was actually decent today and he frequently was forced out wide to get the ball as our lack of width was crippling us.

His strengths are many, unfortunately he is no good with his back to goal. He needs the ball in front of him or on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.