WE REMEMBER ALAN BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im also too young to have seen him play, but all i have seen and read about the man makes me wish i had. Before the match against man utd after he passed awey was very moving also. R.I.P

..chatting with somebody today regarding Jonny Morrissey. Morrissey was brilliant and certainly one of the most underrated players to wear Blue. Anyway, when asked who was the best he ever played with Morrissey quickly retorts "Alan Ball. There's only one Alan Ball". He said that during a game Ball would notice if somebody wasn't playing well. He didn't shout at them, he'd get hold of the ball and go and play a couple of 5 yard passes with the player to build up his confidence. Supreme player.

Don't usually get emotional when talking about players especially todays players, but Bally is one I do, he's the only player I've ever idolized, cried my eyes out when we sold him. he didn't want to leave, but Catterick thought it was the right thing to do, no manager has never been so wrong with a decision he's made than Catterick was when he made that one.

..chatting with somebody today regarding Jonny Morrissey. Morrissey was brilliant and certainly one of the most underrated players to wear Blue. Anyway, when asked who was the best he ever played with Morrissey quickly retorts "Alan Ball. There's only one Alan Ball". He said that during a game Ball would notice if somebody wasn't playing well. He didn't shout at them, he'd get hold of the ball and go and play a couple of 5 yard passes with the player to build up his confidence. Supreme player.
Mind you I saw him give tommy wright a hell of a dressing down one time at GP. Bally had the will to win of Roy Keane multiplied by peter Reid. Mr perpetual Motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.