WE REMEMBER ALAN BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
Today the 24th April, the world lost one of the greatest footballers that played the game of football the way it should be played. Everton fans worldwide will always remember the genius that was loved by all.
Today is the 7th anniversary of his death.
I was in contact with his youngest daughter yesterday who will be present at St Mary's on Saturday cheering on the mighty blues with her two boys.
Let us take time today to reflect on s football legend. RIP Bally you were the greatest

alan%20ball.gif

I think his anniversary is the 25th. Great that he should be remembered By you and I hope members of his family that you know or meet never tire of hearing what a special place he holds in the hearts of Evertonians of a certain age.

I think his anniversary is the 25th. Great that he should be remembered By you and I hope members of his family that you know or meet never tire of hearing what a special place he holds in the hearts of Evertonians of a certain age.
His daughter tells me I always get the date right as everybody thinks it's the 25th. His headstone says 12;5;1947 - 24;4;2007

Well done you mate, I stand corrected. I remember always hearing the news on the morning of the 25th because family member has that birthday so made wrong assumption although wiki (!!) says 25th too.

His daughter tells me I always get the date right as everybody thinks it's the 25th. His headstone says 12;5;1947 - 24;4;2007

Let's take 48 hours to remember him then...no harm in that really

I've been playing for Pukekohe AFC, a small town club in New Zealand, for the last 20 years. Only a few months before he died, we had the great pleasure and privilege to have the great man speak at our clubs Sportsman's dinner. I took my dad, a red, but a big fan of Bally since 66. He reckons he won the World Cup for us nearly single handed. I got the DVD of the 66 WC Final and played it to the lads from the footy club the night before, as some only knew Alan Ball as ex-manager of City etc. My dad was right. He covered every inch of that Wembley turf, many times over. Think James McArthy on steroids!

Alan spoke for about two hours covering his childhood, a lot about his dad, Blackpool, England and the WC and loads about Everton including his first derby when he scored twice (even the reds on our table were in awe). His love for Everton was obvious. He also went on to talk about Arsenal, Saints, City, Pompey, etc. When he'd finished he stuck around for another hour chatting to anybody who wanted a word, posed for photos, helped us raffle off England and Everton shirts, signed autographs, etc.

Throughout it all he was an absolute gentleman, no swears, inspirational, funny, respectful to all (even the reds ;). So much so my dad said ".. we should of brought your mum!"

Alan Ball. Great player, Great Blue. Great man. RIP

ball250.jpg
andysteveball250.jpg

ballgrouplong.jpg

Best player I've seen in an Everton shirt, I absolutely idolised him as a kid, and was inconsolable when we sold him, that news haunts me to this day.
'Who's the geeatest of them all?'
Indeed

Yes. I want to cry when I see any picture of him in an Arsenal shirt. Catterick had lost the plot.

Never forgotton, one of the very few I consider the term 'legend' truly applies to.

Not just one of the best to grace an Everton shirt, but one of the most dignified men you could imagine.

R.I.P. Alan.

th

Status
Not open for further replies.