Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many long aimless punts up field. Its clueless and embarrassing. Williams had an absolute shocker but wasn't alone. Lennon probably our best player today, which says it all. Pissed right off.

crap nearly all game for me,we scored just as watford were getting better,and showed a touch off fight way to late,subs were late why bring them on when you have lost the game,when you should do it when level trying for the win-can hardly attack and cant defend,no fight,no nothing,and a boss thats there for 3/4 days a week,one that i never wanted but changed mind after 1st 5 games lol,just so predictable and boring,only thing missing today was Deeneys 100th goal v us,but watfords 1st win v us for ages,1st goal this season v us,etc.

We must start playing Valencia with Lukaku. We play very conservatively producing very little and its as if a button get switched when we go behind.....lets start attacking now we are losing kind of stupidity and always too little too late. I must admit that under Martinez we could break after a bit of pressure but we cannot do that now and are usually under sustained pressure because we have far too many behind the ball. I credit Watford today handling of our players by getting to the ball first whereas we let them get the ball inviting more pressure. There is a lot wrong with our play from too much long ball and little movement off the ball. Defenders got bullied very easily today and thought Coleman was targeted in the air.

For how good Baines and Coleman are supposed to be today has exploited there weakness in defence and as they are not attacking as much they are liabilities. We need better full backs, we need better CBs and we certainly need another attacker with a midfield maestro. Its going to cost more than we have I suppose but big changes in January are vital. Players with heart and not ego are needed. Fighters not wimps.

Thought Lukaku, Deulofeu and the subs played well but the third goal before we started making changes was a killer. Bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Yes. The few bright spots were that Rom ended his goal drought, Lennon and Valencia did enough in a short time to merit a start, and, in particular, Geri had an excellent game, and actually kept going until the end...in fact he got stronger as the game went on. Our serious problems,bottom line is some players have aged quickly, and we lack confidence. Koeman has a big couple of weeks coming up,and January is big for us.

That's true, to an extent.

But it's simple things that still could be done that he isn't doing.

A) 4-4-2 - we actually look half-decent

B) inject some energy into the side by introducing our two standout youth talents - Holgate and Davies. Holgate needs to be in the side, and Davies at least in the squad.

It's simple. And he's not doing it.

A) We look decent because we're chasing a lead. If a team wanted to play around us if we were in a 4-4-2 it'd be easy as pie. Barkley doesn't have the positional awareness or defensive reliability to start in that formation. Our wide players are not box to box types and we'd have no one consistently connecting attack and defense because Barry's pace would be even more exposed.

B) I think Holgate has been good, but not exceptional which is what he'd need to unseat Coleman who scores important goals for us and is a leader. Davies has only played in garbage time and has been fine, but I don't think he realistically changes a single outcome.

any of the other top 7 would have killed watford off in that first half an hour, they weren't at the races. We just meandered through it and let them into the game.

The team look lost.

Koeman could drop Barkely if he had someone more creative - but he hasn't.

A manager has to make the most of his resources - and Koeman doesn't.

Once again, the subs come on well after the shortcomings of the starting eleven have been cruelly exposed.

Who has the pleasure of being our next opposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.