Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week on came Delofeu,Valencia,holgate all have decent pace and we improved, then this week Lennon and Valencia pace added we improve. Is that part of our problem we are just too slow. Valencia deserves a start to help Lukaku, Lukaku is just isolated and being generally lazy he isn't going to bust a gut trying to find the ball. I still believe there a good team in there but it's finding it and Koeman seems no more clued up in doing it than Martinez was. Don't just play them because of the name pick the team on merit, I wonder if player power is causing problems they all need knocking back down to earth and be picked on merit something that doesn't look like its happening at the moment.

We so predictable and that's the problem same tactics formation as Martinez only we just hoof it up the field a bit more the formation that ended the last two games should be played but next week against arsenal it will be the same crap.

clearly, we are going down. unlike with previous escapes, we now have a chairman who will not want to sack a manager cast in his own bloodless image. Ronald, needless to say, couldn't care less - he's got the money it's job done.
I have to say though that I cannot bear to watch that team, they are not a bunch who really deserve anybody's support

IMG_3446.JPG
Everton

Far too generous mate, especially for mccarthy - not gonna give a player credit who was nowhere to be seen until the game was already lost then starts runnign and shooting the odds

rating on stek is wierd mate, made an absolutely brilliant save, and had no chance on any of there goals.

also a 2 for koeman, is it possible your rating start there as how could he have done a worse job today

The Macca one was probs generous.

Stek, I gave him a 5 because we conceded three goals, so I can't really say he had an outstanding display. Just average.

I think it was after they scored the 3rd at the kick off it was played back to Barry who just chipped in the general direction of Del straight on to there full backs head that summed it up for me totally clueless.

Stek - 5 - Made a good save. Don't blame him for any of the goals.
Coleman - 5 - Just a bit all over the place.
Williams - 3 - Dreadful.
Mori - 2 - Worse.
Baines - 5 - Same as Seamus.
Barry - 4 - Good ball for the first goal. useless otherwise.
McCarthy - 6 - Actually had a good game in the second half.
Gueye - 5 - Not at his best.
Deulofeu - 6 - Tried to make things happen.
Lukaku - 6 - Crap hold up play. Good goals.
Mirallas - 4 - Anonymous.

Barkley - 5 - He's poor.
Lennon - 6 - Looked lively.
Valencia - 6 - Improved us as always without actually doing much.

Koeman - 2 - Got it massively wrong today.
Mori 4 - crap
Baines 3 - Awful today
Williams - 3 just as crap as baines
Coleman 5 - not as bad as the others

Well played Watford. few of our lads could do with having a good look at how much the fellas in yellow wanted the 3 points today and the shifts they put in.

The Macca one was probs generous.

Stek, I gave him a 5 because we conceded three goals, so I can't really say he had an outstanding display. Just average.

Today is the first time I seriously looked at that team and the manager and though he won't make it here and will be gone this season mate

the team is stale and there are no quality options to shake it up I don't know how much clearer that could be

That's true, to an extent.

But it's simple things that still could be done that he isn't doing.

A) 4-4-2 - we actually look half-decent

B) inject some energy into the side by introducing our two standout youth talents - Holgate and Davies. Holgate needs to be in the side, and Davies at least in the squad.

It's simple. And he's not doing it.

Obviously Koeman doesn't do practicing defending because we can't defend. All too often when the opposition attacks it looks like they will score. In attack, we lack ideas and any pattern of play and only looked an attacking force, when Deulofeu came inside and attacked their back 4 and we played off the hoof. Poor poor from Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.