Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ue-title-satisfy-ambitions-Romelu-Lukaku.html

Roberto Martinez wants Everton to compete for the Premier League title

Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he is happy for Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas to talk about their ambitions but will come down on the pair like a ton of bricks if they are disrespectful about the Toffees.

On the back of a difficult season for Everton in the Premier League, the Belgium duo have recently alluded to moving on to bigger and better things in the future.

Martinez would not criticise the pair for stating their desire to play at the top level ahead of Sunday's clash with Leicester City, and played down talk of unrest in the dressing room.

25D8139900000578-0-image-a-42_1424561457629.jpg

25D7C37B00000578-0-image-a-49_1424561521106.jpg

And the Spaniard believes if the pair are patient the striker and the winger will eventually win major honours at Goodison Park.

'We want to get into a position where we can challenge for the league,' Martinez said. 'It is realistic, but it's true that time is not in our favour.

'You need to use your young players and the unknown quantity of a young talent because we can't spend £200 million to win the league.

'I don't think there is a problem with players saying in their own languages that they want to win leagues and showing aspirations and wanting to reach the highest level.
See! that's what you get when you only drugs test the Players and not the Managers.

Shaqiri could be our number ten, playing in the hole, spraying passes round to our sexy wingers, or sweet balls through to Lukaku. He can also take it past a player and score as well. Think of him in an attacking 'quarterback' position, or spearheading a false nine with the fluidity of a Trequartista but the core dynamics of a Engagche or hybrid second striker.

Ahem.

Honestly, I watch practically all Bayern games so I've seen Shaqiri a lot in the past years and I wouldn't want him at Everton. Bayern have made a great bit of business in selling him for 18 million euros to Inter, he's not worth that kind of money.
He hasn't developed at all ever since he joined Bayern when he was 20. I must say, he's a bit of a daft footballer without any tactical awareness whatsoever, making all the bad decisions when it matters... when he should be passing the ball, he shoots from 35 yards, when he should be shooting he passes the ball to a player in a less advantageous position... no wonder Guardiola got rid of him, he simply wasn't on par with what is expected of a modern winger at the highest level. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player at all, he would even improve us considerably and in certain teams with systems carved out for him he can be a useful addition, but he'd cost quite a bit and I simply don't see him being an ideal investment, he's didsappointed me once. :D And as I said, he's not a particularly intelligent player and he's never really been the type who gave the killer passes, so I just can't imagine him as a leader character here, because he's not one. :)

Are you suggesting Astori and Obgonna are similar to the level of J.Silva and Straq? You want to pay huge for an overpriced local CB. Fair enough.

Some people just love to make up things. Did I ever say Everton should go for anyone just because he has a foreign name? Dann has never ever represented his country and his direct competitors are Cahill, Jags, Smalling and Jones. No way he would worth the alleged crazy price.
Are you suggesting Astori and Obgonna are similar to the level of J.Silva and Straq? You want to pay huge for an overpriced local CB. Fair enough.

Some people just love to make up things. Did I ever say Everton should go for anyone just because he has a foreign name? Dann has never ever represented his country and his direct competitors are Cahill, Jags, Smalling and Jones. No way he would worth the alleged crazy price.

Whoooaaaaaa you got me confused here my friend ! I was joking that we should sign Joao and Straq because people are craving a signing to ease their transfer addiction (of which i am also guilty), just so i can pretend i have friends i will tell you my feelings on Ogbonna, he is a left sided centre half, left footed, had a good run of form at Torino were he looked solid. Once he moved to Juventus he was behind Bonnucci and chiellini also barzagli if Juve played a back three. At 7.5 million i would buy him, but for me i noticed he sometimes lacks concentration, which is easy to do when your juve playing with Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and pogba ahead of you.

For what its worth i would have Ogbonna or Juan Jesus from inter, if there was ever a chance.

Whoooaaaaaa you got me confused here my friend ! I was joking that we should sign Joao and Straq because people are craving a signing to ease their transfer addiction (of which i am also guilty), just so i can pretend i have friends i will tell you my feelings on Ogbonna, he is a left sided centre half, left footed, had a good run of form at Torino were he looked solid. Once he moved to Juventus he was behind Bonnucci and chiellini also barzagli if Juve played a back three. At 7.5 million i would buy him, but for me i noticed he sometimes lacks concentration, which is easy to do when your juve playing with Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and pogba ahead of you.

For what its worth i would have Ogbonna or Juan Jesus from inter, if there was ever a chance.

Ideally the new CB should be pacy. I agree with you though. Ogbonna lacks concentration...and he has to adopt a new league too.

Perfect Scenario:

Ship Gibson, Pienaar, Oviedo, Kone & Joel out.

Bring in Lennon, Narsingh, Van Dijk and maybe chance a move on Adebayor

Just be honest and say you have no idea. You have no idea at all and all your educated guesses do is fill up pages
No one has any idea. Why don't you go create a credible transfer thread so you can argue over what a credible transfer is instead of annoying people in here.

We all know that unless you play for one of the top clubs it's much harder.

there has really been nothing of substance in the last couple days. terribly boring.

i know the big ones are still to come. i honestly i have no idea who

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ue-title-satisfy-ambitions-Romelu-Lukaku.html

Roberto Martinez wants Everton to compete for the Premier League title

Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he is happy for Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas to talk about their ambitions but will come down on the pair like a ton of bricks if they are disrespectful about the Toffees.

On the back of a difficult season for Everton in the Premier League, the Belgium duo have recently alluded to moving on to bigger and better things in the future.

Martinez would not criticise the pair for stating their desire to play at the top level ahead of Sunday's clash with Leicester City, and played down talk of unrest in the dressing room.

25D8139900000578-0-image-a-42_1424561457629.jpg

25D7C37B00000578-0-image-a-49_1424561521106.jpg

And the Spaniard believes if the pair are patient the striker and the winger will eventually win major honours at Goodison Park.

'We want to get into a position where we can challenge for the league,' Martinez said. 'It is realistic, but it's true that time is not in our favour.

'You need to use your young players and the unknown quantity of a young talent because we can't spend £200 million to win the league.

'I don't think there is a problem with players saying in their own languages that they want to win leagues and showing aspirations and wanting to reach the highest level.
What percentage of our goals did those two score last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.