Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still completely bemused by people not thinking we need a clever, creative midfielder. Have a look at the clubs we should be competing with next season (essentially last season's top 8) - every single one of them has at least one first-XI playmaker type that we totally lack (this isn't about how good they are, just the type of player they are).

Chelsea - Fabregas, Hazard
Manchester City - Silva
Arsenal - Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil
Manchester United - Di Maria, Mata
Tottenham Hotspur - Eriksen, Lamela
Liverpool - Coutinho, Firmino
Southampton - Tadic
Swansea City - Sigurdsson

All of those (bar Firmino, obviously) are in the top 20 for chances created in the prem. Baines is right up there too, but our best midfielder in that regard is Ross who is way down in 67th. The most assists any of our midfielders had was, er, 2.

This is a signing that Martinez wants more than any other and could be the missing element in the team. Absolutely no clue who it could possibly be but surely it's the most important business we could do this summer eh.

Last edited:
Its all nothing but paper talk and rumours. ' another one gone ' ?? We've not been credibly linked to anyone other than the two we've actually brought in so far. There is no need for people to feel deflated and let down with players like Perisic going elsewhere as an example. We're not in for them and its that simple. We all have our own idea's of who to bring into the club, for the right price and who would do a job; your views might not be the same as our current manager and board. Quit doing it to yourself's, we were never in for these players in the first place.

No wonder @Ihaters liked this post, your crushing our hopes and dreams you absoloute hater. I have it on good authority through my uncles, best friends, second cousin that we are still in for Joao Moutinho. If he goes elsewere i will kung fu kick bobby out of his brown shoes.

Take your negativity somewhere else.

Still completely bemused by people not thinking we need a clever, creative midfielder. Have a look at the clubs we should be competing with next season (essentially last season's top 8) - every single one of them has at least one first-XI playmaker type that we totally lack (this isn't about how good they are, just the type of player they are).

Manchester City - Silva, Navas
Southampton - Tadic

All of those (bar Firmino, obviously) are in the top 20 for chances created in the prem. Baines is right up there too, but our best midfielder in that regard is Ross who is way down in 67th. The most assists any of our midfielders had was, er, 2.

This is a signing that Martinez wants more than any other and could be the missing element in the team. Absolutely no clue who it could possibly be but surely it's the most important business we could do this summer eh.

Disagree on navas but everything else spot on

Manchester City - Silva, Navas
Southampton - Tadic

While we could do with a creative number 10, you have just plucked players out of thin air.

Nava, Lamela, Di Maria, Firmino are either un-proven or as good as wingers.

If our attackers stepped up to the mark more last season, like the one before we, then Ross, Gerry, Kev are all good creative players, even Pienaar.

While we could do with a creative number 10, you have just plucked players out of thin air.

Nava, Lamela, Di Maria, Firmino are either un-proven or as good as wingers.

If our attackers stepped up to the mark more last season, like the one before we, then Ross, Gerry, Kev are all good creative players, even Pienaar.

Navas I'll grant you. The other three are definitely playmakers I'd say. No expert though, just how it seems to me.

Pienaar is actually the only player of ours I'd put in that mould of knocking around clever passes and creating stuff, I get the feeling Martinez banked on him being fit last season.

Manchester City - Silva
Southampton - Tadic

While it is a priority target, a back up CB is currently a more pressing issue.

We've managed without a playmaker for years, but if we went into the new season with the squad as it is then we'd only have to 2 CBs. And injury to either of them means we would have to call on the likes of Browning, Galloway or heaven forbid, play Barry at CB.

Don't get me wrong, I think we desperately need a creative midfielder, and after a new CB it should be our main priority IMO.

Honestly, I watch practically all Bayern games so I've seen Shaqiri a lot in the past years and I wouldn't want him at Everton. Bayern have made a great bit of business in selling him for 18 million euros to Inter, he's not worth that kind of money.
He hasn't developed at all ever since he joined Bayern when he was 20. I must say, he's a bit of a daft footballer without any tactical awareness whatsoever, making all the bad decisions when it matters... when he should be passing the ball, he shoots from 35 yards, when he should be shooting he passes the ball to a player in a less advantageous position... no wonder Guardiola got rid of him, he simply wasn't on par with what is expected of a modern winger at the highest level. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player at all, he would even improve us considerably and in certain teams with systems carved out for him he can be a useful addition, but he'd cost quite a bit and I simply don't see him being an ideal investment, he's didsappointed me once. :D And as I said, he's not a particularly intelligent player and he's never really been the type who gave the killer passes, so I just can't imagine him as a leader character here, because he's not one. :)
For 12m do you not think he would do a job as our ACM (No10) especially when teams parked the bus?

Navas I'll grant you. The other three are definitely playmakers I'd say. No expert though, just how it seems to me.

Pienaar is actually the only player of ours I'd put in that mould of knocking around clever passes and creating stuff, I get the feeling Martinez banked on him being fit last season.

Ross is creative, just played poor. Mirallas will score and create.....you have Sanchez listed, who may aswell be a striker.

Agree with your point, but im not seeing 2 out and out playmakers per team....maybe a couple of teams.

Also, we finished above most of these without this 'Number 10' the other season.

No one has any idea. Why don't you go create a credible transfer thread so you can argue over what a credible transfer is instead of annoying people in here.
I've annoyed a person. That person is you. You are a perpetual drivel machine so tbh I don't much care. Voicing your banal opinion on everything and then changing it when you're wrong. You know less than nothing my touchy amigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.