Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two crosses is fine, i would be shocked if a defender can stop them %100 of the time.

While he is back off he is slowing the play down, if he tried to make a lunging tackle at certain times he runs the risk of the attacker pushing the ball past him and beating him for pace.

With several players having just played 2 international games Roberto had to save his subs for players who might have tired towards the end of the game, once Tony had sarted subbing him wasnt an optioin unless he got injured
I would have started Garbutt and had Hibbo as back up !

Really he's Tony Hibbert and probably shouldn't be going forward. Even with injuries we have enough firepower in attack. Tony should always stay back and if we need a extra attacker in the back line send Jags.

Did well today. I thought he'd get Hahenamann minutes this season but he's been useful this year.

The thing is mate, our system goes to pot if our full backs are pinned back. So its not really in our best interests to have a full back starting in our team who cannot get forward consistently.

I agree that he did well but when he starts its going to affect our system negatively over positively.

I've honestly grown a new love for Tony Hibbert.

If we want to go further we need better obviously. And he's not Coleman.

But he's not let us down one bit when called upon this season. Yes he has massive limitations. Always has. But effort goes a long way.

Coleman to start Sunday like.

I'm loving Hibbo more than any time in his Everton career. His ability to step in for the cause is becoming legendary. Come Sunday he can return to the subs bench, and we know he will there, honest and committed, whenever we need him next.

I thought that was his best performance tonight - suited him, never needed to go forwards much covered the centre of the defence well too - His expeerience was invaluable tonight a very good attacking side.
A big critic o him early on this season defended well tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.