Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his wrong hand . A good keeper would have taken his right arm. Look at Mignolet on jagielkas goal . Tries to get the ball with his right arm the ball flying in his left corner but to high to reach it .
So Howard isn't a good keeper now.

As for your example on Mignolet reaching for Jagielka's effort....... lol (which i have to say is rather odd). Left, right, center arms; 10 right arms wouldn't of saved that.

I always wonder, why does a keeper dive like the pool keeper, to the left with the right hand,to me should dive with the left hand.and not just about him,most keepers do it,probably just me though thinks that

It depends on the flight of the ball really. If diving to your left and the ball isn't that high up you'd use your left. But if the ball is higher off the ground you'd probably use your right. When diving to your left, your left arm can reach further away from the centre of the goal but your right can reach higher up closer to the bar.

From a keepers point of view id say his problem was in that he thought the kick was going the other way.

He was wrong, therefore his dive the right way started too late meaning he's almost diving backwards trying to get it.

Basically a balls up.

Always been a firm believer if you get your hand(s) to s shot it should not go in.

Howards starting position was fine, i believe he was just left of centre, which for a free kick outside of his left hand post is correct. It was a good free kick from gerrard to be fair. If anything it was the fact we had too many short players in the wall that was wrong. God knows why we didn't have tall players in the middle of it.

As for the bit i'm bold : i'm sorry (and i mean this with 100% respect for you) but that is totally completely and utterly wrong :). If there is enough power and pace on the ball human hand is often not strong enough to save it. It doesn't look good and often when keepers get hands to shots but they still go in it looks like the keeper was at fault.

Sometimes they can be but more often than not, even with top class reactions by the time they do get their hand to the ball it's impossible for them to save it.

It depends on the flight of the ball really. If diving to your left and the ball isn't that high up you'd use your left. But if the ball is higher off the ground you'd probably use your right. When diving to your left, your left arm can reach further away from the centre of the goal but your right can reach higher up closer to the bar.

Howards starting position was fine, i believe he was just left of centre, which for a free kick outside of his left hand post is correct. It was a good free kick from gerrard to be fair. If anything it was the fact we had too many short players in the wall that was wrong. God knows why we didn't have tall players in the middle of it.

As for the bit i'm bold : i'm sorry (and i mean this with 100% respect for you) but that is totally completely and utterly wrong :). If there is enough power and pace on the ball human hand is often not strong enough to save it. It doesn't look good and often when keepers get hands to shots but they still go in it looks like the keeper was at fault.

Sometimes they can be but more often than not, even with top class reactions by the time they do get their hand to the ball it's impossible for them to save it.

Play in nets often?

Suppose that is a pretty good way of putting it,never though of it like that as in reaching further away/higher part.

Don't reply to my posts
You stupid tit
Tell me does that rhyme
That doesn't rhyme either sweetheart. Now pipe yerself down and play nice xx

Ok,I've gone away and thought
And now it's time for my retort
I shan't report your spiteful post
Though it shows no respect for our genial host
It could end up with your first infraction
I'd rather you partook in jovial interaction
In short my friend, abuse ain't the norm
In fact, it shows a true loss of form
We on here are a jovial lot
Its what makes this place named GOT
If we were all to retort personal abuse
I'm afraid this forum would come of no use
You see, it's a friendly place, encouraging casual bumming
If we don't float yer boat, pop on to RAWK and go slumming

Xxxxxxxx

You can keep that one xx

Last edited:
Tim is a good keeper but he was sold by ManU because he makes errors.
Hes sometimes not good at judging the ball in the air thats his Achilles heel
Hes a great shotstopper
Great catcher
Wonderful servant to EFC

So Howard isn't a good keeper now.

As for your example on Mignolet reaching for Jagielka's effort....... lol (which i have to say is rather odd). Left, right, center arms; 10 right arms wouldn't of saved that.
He couldnt reach because it was to high but the technic was the right one. Goalkeeping is alot about technic something you should learn young. Howard is big and strong but his technic is only half decent thats why he will never be a great keeper

Suppose that is a pretty good way of putting it,never though of it like that as in reaching further away/higher part.
Not true Arm other side of the ball will allways reach further away Nearer to
bottom further you can reach with the arm away from the ball. That changes only ca 1m from the ground. Depends on the keeper how flexible he is

Howards starting position was fine, i believe he was just left of centre, which for a free kick outside of his left hand post is correct. It was a good free kick from gerrard to be fair.
Not true. His starting position was about a yard right of centre -- and that was the problem. Why he'd be thinking Gerrard/Balotelli would have been shooting across his body is anyone's guess.Neither was it a good free kick irrespective of Howard's starting position -- it entered the goal about 3 foot in from the post FFS. If he's going to concede all such bog standard shots from distance as easy as this one then we'd better find ourselves a new keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.