Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ballotelli chance was a cross from the left which was a chip to the middle of the 6 yr box, Howard should've came for that ball instead of letting it go across.

It wasn't like he was unsighted it was a straight forward cross.

The free kick was a joke, he went for a Hollywood save instead of just pushing it away. PissPoor!

Howard gets beaten a lot of times from set pieces by simply not keeping on his toes and it is big weakness.

He kept us in the game but we have to look for a better keeper.

Absolutely agree. Should never have had to make the save in the 1st place because the ball was barely 4 yards out in front of him.

Regarding the free kick he's even looking at the post as if worried he's going to crash into it, I think he's done that a couple of times on free kicks before.

No where near at the top of his game bar Wolfsburg though his save for the Lallana header was excellent and I will always give credit where it's due. He needs to step up big time.

he didnt actually, he said his starting position is fine. He had a go at him for bouncing up and down when every keeper in football does it.
Yep,and said howard landed on the ground when the ball is already 10 yards towards goals etc,but to be fair,Neville said the pool keeper should save the Jags shot lol

The diffidence is Southall would not of needed to make that save
As he would have claimed the ball and took balotelli out in the process
For me Howard is not brave enough and got no bottle he's scared of getting injured
It a disgrace how he can watch that cross come into his area and still let the forward get a shot in in 5 yards out
I posted on this thread last weak
I can't stand Howard anymore and can't wait until he retires
He so average it's unreal
We won't win a thing or ever finish top 4 with him in Goal
Gerrards free kick wasn't even in the top corner
How often does he end up in the back of his own net

I like poems like this...who said they need to rhyme ?

From a keepers point of view id say his problem was in that he thought the kick was going the other way.

He was wrong, therefore his dive the right way started too late meaning he's almost diving backwards trying to get it.

Basically a balls up.

Always been a firm believer if you get your hand(s) to s shot it should not go in.

I always wonder, why does a keeper dive like the pool keeper, to the left with the right hand,to me should dive with the left hand.and not just about him,most keepers do it,probably just me though thinks that

Last edited:
I always wonder does a keeper dive like the pool keeper, to the left with the right hand,to me should dive with the left hand.and not just about him,most keepers do it,probably just me though thinks that

Nah. It's difficult to explain though!!

When you first set off on a dive it feel like the 'wrong' hand has a better chance of getting a touch on it. Even though it hasn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.