Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been at Brighton Cardiff tonight and David Marshall is different class. Wondered why no PL side went in for him when Cardiff were relegated. Would be perfect back up Howard, still only 29 as well which is young for a goalkeeper. Def worth a bid!!

Timmy is a great keeper.
Has his faults but what keeper doesn't? Kept us in so many games, and yes I know he's cost a few but for me he's a top talent and any other fan from other clubs will say the same

Been at Brighton Cardiff tonight and David Marshall is different class. Wondered why no PL side went in for him when Cardiff were relegated. Would be perfect back up Howard, still only 29 as well which is young for a goalkeeper. Def worth a bid!!

Yep fantastic keeper and had a superb game for Scotland v Germany as well a few weeks back. Had 2 cracking games against us last season.

He had an amazing game against Spurs last season, they were ridiculously dominant but he made some truly fantastic saves and was unfortunate to be beaten in injury time. Tim Krul did the same - wonder what it is about Spurs that brings out the best in some keepers.

But if Joel doesn't look comfortabke this season, Marshall would be a great addition.

I always judge keepers on whether they do the basics right. Howard is a great shot stopper but so are most top class keepers or they wouldn't be playing at that level, what puts a an exceptional keeper up there above all the others for me are the ones that help their defenders out consistently, commanding their area, coming off the line when they should, staying on the line when they should, being bigger and stronger than the oppositions attacking players, collecting crosses on a regular basis. I've been watching Howard closely now for a number of seasons and unfortunately he does non of the basics very well consistently. He has cost us more points than he's saved us just through basic errors so it's time to look for someone new.

I always judge keepers on whether they do the basics right. Howard is a great shot stopper but so are most top class keepers or they wouldn't be playing at that level, what puts a an exceptional keeper up there above all the others for me are the ones that help their defenders out consistently, commanding their area, coming off the line when they should, staying on the line when they should, being bigger and stronger than the oppositions attacking players, collecting crosses on a regular basis. I've been watching Howard closely now for a number of seasons and unfortunately he does non of the basics very well consistently. He has cost us more points than he's saved us just through basic errors so it's time to look for someone new.

What a load of bull something or other!!!

Whilst Howard its not in big nev's class, at times Howard makes unbelievable saves very akin to some of mr southalls. They both make/made saves that they had absolutely no right in the world saving.

Howard gets far to much of a hard time on here.

Basically what he said ^^^^

What a load of bull something or other!!!

Whilst Howard its not in big nev's class, at times Howard makes unbelievable saves very akin to some of mr southalls. They both make/made saves that they had absolutely no right in the world saving.

Howard gets far to much of a hard time on here.
Which keeper doesn't make 'unbelieavable' saves though? It's the rest of their game that makes them better than others, as SV says.

My own problem with Howard is the number of long distance efforts that he lets in. Saturday's poor effort for Gerrard's free kick was the latest. I'll never forgive him for Chelsea's winner from 20 yds in the Cup Final. Wouldn't have beaten me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.