This seasons plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on Naismith

He had a good season and worked hard

Osman will likely not be a started by the time the season ends

Pienaar still has more in the tank. I think he'll surprise a few people this season
I dont see how it's harsh on Naismith. There's no other club chasing a CL spot that'd have him as a starter. Osman needed retiring two seasons ago. Pienaar has no end product, but happy to have him on the pitch if we're looking to just get hold of the ball and see a game out.

I find myself agreeing with more or less everything Davek says that doesn't involve Kenwright. I still think Osman has something to offer as a squad player though. He had a decent season last year I thought, though I might be the only one.

It's classless to speak of such a great servant 'need[ing] retiring' though. Everton aren't we.

I dont see how it's harsh on Naismith. There's no other club chasing a CL spot that'd have him as a starter. Osman needed retiring two seasons ago. Pienaar has no end product, but happy to have him on the pitch if we're looking to just get hold of the ball and see a game out.
I agree on both naisy and Osman should only be impact players at best. but I disagree on peinaar think he has a lot to offer still went peinaar is on song and acting as our barometer we play our best footy imo. im more worried he doesn't have the legs anymore than his actual quality

Naismith isn't even a starter though mate. He's back up. He will only start if people are hurt or suspended

He's a grafter who would make a decent option coming off the bench, like he did against Villa at home last season

Osman won't be a starter by the end of the season, I'm pretty sure of that

I think you're under rating Pienaar, but you're not alone in that regard

I really think Pienaar will have a good season. With Oviedo and Atsu giving him competition, I think it'll motivate him to be at his absolute best

Pienaar needs to learn not to slow the play down like he was doing most of last session an example is we would be on the break Pienaar had the ball the was a few players forward who he could pass to but then he would turn backwards and either wait for Baines or pass back to Barry/McCarthy. He was great in the loan spell he had here he would always look for the forward ball or combination with Baines. I would rather start with McGeady or atsu until we have a 2-0 goal lead and then bring Pienaar on who can control the game

I agree on both naisy and Osman should only be impact players at best. but I disagree on peinaar think he has a lot to offer still went peinaar is on song and acting as our barometer we play our best footy imo. im more worried he doesn't have the legs anymore than his actual quality
Pienaar has something to offer still, but I think he blunts our attack. As I say, IMO he's a handy player to have for certain stages of a match.

Naismith isn't even a starter though mate. He's back up. He will only start if people are hurt or suspended

He's a grafter who would make a decent option coming off the bench, like he did against Villa at home last season

Osman won't be a starter by the end of the season, I'm pretty sure of that

I think you're under rating Pienaar, but you're not alone in that regard

I really think Pienaar will have a good season. With Oviedo and Atsu giving him competition, I think it'll motivate him to be at his absolute best

Which is why it's crucial we bring in an understudy for Lukaku.

Pienaar has something to offer still, but I think he blunts our attack. As I say, IMO he's a handy player to have for certain stages of a match.

He slows the play down too much IMO. Frankly we looked much more effective and dynamic with what I would describe as orthodox wingers in his place last season.

He slows the play down too much IMO. Frankly we looked much more effective and dynamic with what I would describe as orthodox wingers in his place last season.

I think he's living off the 'Bainaar' period. He's not terrible...far from it. But he really shouldn't be named as a starter anymore. I think he will get game time though. Martinez likes to retain possession and there is a time and place for it. But he's bringing in players like Atsu and last season McGeady and Deulofeu so the writing has to be on the wall for Pienaar out wide now.

I really don't get the Pienaar bashing here. I think he is a great little player. I think there is a tendency to disregard wingers just because they aren't lightening quick. Speed is great when teams are playing with a high line but when teams play deep it is fairly redundant. In these sort of games, we need craft and intelligence on the ball. We also need players who can work in really congested areas and still hold onto possession. I think Pienaar is great for this but the likes of Mcgeady and Mirallas in particular are not.

What is obvious we need more goals from our 'creative' players. Miralles and Barkley should be looking at 10 goals each this season. McGeady and piennar due to the offensive positions they have should at least contribute 5 goals each. That is why it is paramount we get another quality forward (Remy) to ease the burden on lukaku and give us a viable option to play 4-4-2 or even 4-4-3 against lesser teams at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.