This seasons plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

blukaku

Player Valuation: £950k
Let's face it, no matter how delicious our first team looks, there are always going to be games where we go behind to a flukey shin or a sliced cross. In some of these games, we will come back with a vengeance, but on occasion we will need to change our approach.
I very much believe that our starting 11 will be something like this (the wingers might rotate a little):

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku

Last season we would often bring on Del and Naismith if things weren't going well. If things still weren't going well the formation would be sacrificed so that we played more of a 4-1-4-1/ 4-1-3-2. We managed to recover a lot of potential slip ups last year and this was a huge contributor to the sucess of our season.

My question is, is with the personnel changes, do you think we are equipped to change games so readily and if so how do you think Bobby will change things?

ps. our 1st team looks incredible here

I wouldn't mind seeing a 433, something like this
Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry Besic
Mirallas Lukaku Atsu

but we'll probably keep trying that 3 at the back and wingbacks thing.

Think we'll see more of the formation that tore arsenal apart if the usual isn't working. Rom on the right with Naismith down the middle.

I think Besic will be important from the bench in this situation. I think he could have a huge impact when our play is looking a little laboured. He will be great for getting in the oppositions faces and messing with their heads. Gattusoesque maybe

We have some pace on the bench, which is a good thing. Would be good to have someone like L. Traore who's a bit different up front to bring on. Waiting to see if we bring in that extra striker that will provide this. Otherwise I'm quite happy with the depth, and the capacity to rotate players.

The thread title makes me thing of this though...

image.jpg

I think 4-3-3 will definitely be the go to formation for when we need to break down the more stubborn opposition as was the way last season. I think that however highlights why we need another striker because if we put Lukaku on the wing (Arsenal) then I'd rather have a Rémy/Eto'o in the middle and not Naismith.

Potentially we could drop Barry for Besic (no reason this transition won't happen anyway) and try to play something like this:

Besic McCarthy
Barkley
Lukaku [Striker] Mirallas/Atsu

In all fairness as much as we still need a little bit of squad depth we actually have a lot of options and various formations we can play in midfield/up front. Lots of players are interchangeable and can play various positions effectively.

Howard
Coleman Jags Stones Baines
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley Atsu
Lukaku

I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't our first team in most games with Barry replacing Atsu in the big games and Distin replacing Stones.

If we go a goal behind then I think it will depend on who's not having a good game but basically the front 4 have backups excluding Lukaku and I think we'll sign another striker.

We sort of always relied on Deulofeu and I can't see one player performing that role this year.

Pienaar shoud only be on the pitch if we're looking to retain possession and kill a game off. I'd despair right now if I was told that Pienaar, Osman, Naismith were to get a lot of game time this season. They are the type of players who other top clubs would consider perennial benchwarmers now. They're just not good enough and we should have shed them already.

Pienaar shoud only be on the pitch if we're looking to retain possession and kill a game off. I'd despair right now if I was told that Pienaar, Osman, Naismith were to get a lot of game time this season. They are the type of players who other top clubs would consider perennial benchwarmers now. They're just not good enough and we should have shed them already.

Harsh on Naismith

He had a good season and worked hard

Osman will likely not be a started by the time the season ends

Pienaar still has more in the tank. I think he'll surprise a few people this season

Status
Not open for further replies.