They weren't much good...but I loved 'em anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could well be, Allez....my arl memory ain't what what it once was :(

I am nearly sure it was the Barcodes, though.....on a Good Friday circa 1979 during the Gordon Lee era.

I wouldn't bet on it, though.

It was at Roker Park. I was there, behind the goal with my mate and his Uncle.

Some good shouts already mentioned. Kilbane.wayne clarke seemed to score goals in big games and was very unlucky to have a winning goal scrubbed at anfield by a kopite ref.i thought james vaughan was a massive prospect and a terrier. Seriously unlucky with injuries. Mark ward was a good player but became a booboy victim.stuart pearce said he was the winger he disliked marking the most

Jelavic - First 6 months were pure heaven, best one-touch finisher in the league and looked to be the 20 goal a striker we've been needing for decades. Saw so many people wearing his shirts, we'd all fallen head over heels in love with him. Afterwards after he went pure sewage most couldn't be arsed with him anymore and even preferred having Anichebe start over him, Anichebe FFS! How much of snub is that? I couldn't help but still like him though. I wanted him to score so badly because on the rare occasions he did at that point you could see how much it meant to him. My favourites are two against Spurs, the first on his debut and then that last-gasp winner on that famous December night. Alas, it was definitely time to move him on though and we did absolutely cracking business to get the fee we did for him, Hull clearly hadn't scouted the 2013 Jelavic. Now I always smile when I hear he's scored for Hull.

And he had a boss song!

Tony Grant seemed excellent to me as a kid, although the most of what I can remember of him is dinking perfect 40 yard through balls for Kanchelskis to score from. I guess he didn't have the build for the highest level. Liked Van Morrison, though.

Vinny Samways - proper average but did score our last Cup winning goal so he has to go on a list somewhere just for that!
Oh, and even that goal was unintentional, he tried to cross but scored! Proper average haha

G
Tony Grant seemed excellent to me as a kid, although the most of what I can remember of him is dinking perfect 40 yard through balls for Kanchelskis to score from. I guess he didn't have the build for the highest level. Liked Van Morrison, though.
Yeah he just fell away Tony Grant a bit like Danny Cad

I would actually put Joe Parkinson in my Everton 'Premier league' 11. Before injury cruelly ended his career he was approaching Roy Keane levels in midfield. One of my favourite players of the last 20 years.

....wow, that's an accolade saying Parkinson was reaching Roy Keane's level. He was certainly effective and definitely underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.