They weren't much good...but I loved 'em anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalekan

Player Valuation: £80m
Drew Brand....billed as the next great Everton goalie, blew it all on one inglorious night at Leeds.

Hibbo....although his recent performances might rule him out of this list.
Micky Lyons....a man who would have run through a brick wall for his beloved Blues
Ian Marshall....great lumbering hulk who gave his all either at centre half or centre forward.
Zinedine Kilbane....sat in the dug out in the derby just days after he had been transferred out the club

Preki....I always felt there was a good player trying to get out
Gareth Farrelly.....never got the credit he deserved for the super strike which eased all the nerves v Cov in '98.
Gary Jones.....lived the dream, playing in the top flight for the Blues a year or two after working on the sites.
Ronnie Goodlass....he scored from the halfway line at West Ham one day and direct from a corner at the Barcodes. He was also the star when we beat the Mancs 3-0 at OT in the League Cup quarter final in '76/77.

Peter Eastoe....I used to have my then girl friend, now my long suffering wife, look at a programme results page and ask me the score and who scored the goals in any given match. Peter's name seemed to come up most circa 1980 and '81
Imre Varadi....if only for his exotic name.

Name yer favourite "average player" XI :)

Denis-Stracqualursi_2717747.jpg

i always liked richard wright, always thought he was a top keeper and he consistantly let me down.

magaye gueye, how could you not like him?

Micky Lyons

Bit before my time but surely this fella wasn't 'average.'

My arl man loved him.

Oh yeah and for me it's the 'Stracq.'

I love the Argie nutjob with all my heart - his goodbye letter still puts a lump in my throat.

Bit before my time but surely this fella wasn't 'average.'

My arl man loved him.

Oh yeah and for me it's the 'Stracq.'

I love the Argie nutjob with all my heart - his goodbye letter still puts a lump in my throat.

Me an your arl fella were the exceptions, Boss.

Mick, along with Terry Darracott, were the Hibbo and Ossie of the 70s.

The whipping boys.

In fact, they called Micky Lyons "Jonah" for a nickname....:(

But yer arl man and me.....we loved him anyway ;)

Me an your arl fella were the exceptions, Boss.

Mick, along with Terry Darracott, were the Hibbo and Ossie of the 70s.

The whipping boys.

In fact, they called Micky Lyons "Jonah" for a nickname....:(

But yer arl man and me.....we loved him anyway ;)

Mad that.

I was under the impression that he was loved due to his commitment to the shirt and his absolute passion for Everton. I've even read a quote from him stating that Shankly once said that of all the Evertonians he's the only one he would have signed.

Anyway, FFS Lyons hasn't got the same ring to it as Osman lol

Amokachi will always be a favourite of mine. Clearly not the talent we were led to believe but i will be telling the lad when he is older all about him.

Kilbane for me as well, great player for the club and clearly now a blue at heart.

Drew Brand....billed as the next great Everton goalie, blew it all on one inglorious night at Leeds.

Hibbo....although his recent performances might rule him out of this list.
Micky Lyons....a man who would have run through a brick wall for his beloved Blues
Ian Marshall....great lumbering hulk who gave his all either at centre half or centre forward.
Zinedine Kilbane....sat in the dug out in the derby just days after he had been transferred out the club

Preki....I always felt there was a good player trying to get out
Gareth Farrelly.....never got the credit he deserved for the super strike which eased all the nerves v Cov in '98.
Gary Jones.....lived the dream, playing in the top flight for the Blues a year or two after working on the sites.
Ronnie Goodlass....he scored from the halfway line at West Ham one day and direct from a corner at the Barcodes. He was also the star when we beat the Mancs 3-0 at OT in the League Cup quarter final in '76/77.

Peter Eastoe....I used to have my then girl friend, now my long suffering wife, look at a programme results page and ask me the score and who scored the goals in any given match. Peter's name seemed to come up most circa 1980 and '81
Imre Varadi....if only for his exotic name.

Name yer favourite "average player" XI :)
Great list!!
Bizarrely always hoped against hope that somehow Mick Madar would do great things for us but it was not to be.
Jim Pearson would be another one. I was desperate for Mick Lyons to win something because he did actually love Everton too.
Ps I think Ronnie Goodlass' corner goal was at Roker Park Sunderland?

Ronnie Goodlass is a right moaning get on Radio Merseyside.

Stracqualursi - of course.

James Vaughan - would run through a brick wall and is still a blue (not that he was rubbish).

Bilyaletdinov - complete tosh IMO aside from a few moments of magic, but I loved him for some reason.

Kevin Kilbane - proper blue who always gave his all.

Tony Hibbert - see above.

Steve Simonsen - no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.