The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well why since kenwright has been chairman has he kept certain things under wraps false, promises etc. he's The reason were skint as a club And I'm hugely jealous that other clubs sign players often we don't or can't. Do people not get pissed of with this? if he owns Everton for another ten years he will ruin us like I think he is already. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk I want a chairman and board who know what there doing

Ignoring the fact that Rodwell played over 100 games for Everton whilst claiming Moyes "held him back" is beyind baffling, "mate".

Given the options we had in CM at the time I think he should have played more mate. I think if he had played more (and stayed injury free!) that he would be a better player. Therefore I think Moyes held him back.

No problem debating the finer points of the discussion with you mate, but you seem to have an inability to respond constructively in any way, shape or form to me so until you at least attempt to do this I won't be replying to you. Cheers for the unnecessary amount of negative rep as well.

Take Care.

Given the options we had in CM at the time I think he should have played more mate. I think if he had played more (and stayed injury free!) that he would be a better player. Therefore I think Moyes held him back.

No problem debating the finer points of the discussion with you mate, but you seem to have an inability to respond constructively in any way, shape or form to me so until you at least attempt to do this I won't be replying to you. Cheers for the unnecessary amount of negative rep as well.

Take Care.

to be fair, the effect of the injuries on him and the effect of Moyesie on him are 2 completely different things

Nobody can say what rodwell could have been without the injuries....or without Moyes....its just one of those things

....hes sh1te tho i know that!

to be fair, the effect of the injuries on him and the effect of Moyesie on him are 2 completely different things

Nobody can say what rodwell could have been without the injuries....or without Moyes....its just one of those things

It's weird...I can remember being excited about him for a while when he was with us, thinking he was going to be great but now I can't remember why! All I can remember was he was good at some stuff, but no better than good, and bad at others but never looked like he could be excellent at anything in particular.

Maybe King Louis is talking about Moyes holding him back because he played the "new Rio Ferdinand" in midfield.

And you were doing so well! haha

It's all debatable I suppose mate but good post. I think it's a combination of both and maybe should have alluded to that a little more in the original post.

You mean this Neville?

FA Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99

That 1, yeah?

He was such an integral part of United's success, wasn't he?

Take Care.

Your name and your views offend me.

Possibly, in the future, if you find a clue somewhere, holla at me.

Rodwell had more than 60 starts before his 20th birthday, though?

He started ten games in a row before injury took him our of the team and we replaced him with gibson and sold him.

I'm all for bashing moyes and youth but it was injuries that did for the lad not being dropped.

It's weird...I can remember being excited about him for a while when he was with us, thinking he was going to be great but now I can't remember why! All I can remember was he was good at some stuff, but no better than good, and bad at others but never looked like he could be excellent at anything in particular.

Maybe King Louis is talking about Moyes holding him back because he played the "new Rio Ferdinand" in midfield.

I'll openly admit that there was a time I hoped he would be our Gerrard. There was a period of games (the United one and a few games later against City, around that time) where he was picking the ball up and driving towards the box in a way we hadn't seen in far too long. It was almost Gerrard-esqe. Maybe I'm still gooey eyed from that little spell, but I still think if he stays away from the injuries he can become a top, top player.

Rodwell is far from gash... his ability to stay injury free however, is suspect.

I loved his interview after the Sigma game ...

That said, we got good money for him, and we have found a reasonable replacement in gibbo, whos not exactly a dinosaur is he?

Rodwell is far from gash... his ability to stay injury free however, is suspect.

Yeah, I was gutted when he sold him, because I think he's incredibly talented and we never got to see him at his best (I question our coaching of him actually, because he never seemed to put it together though to be fair he still has time).

But his injury record meant we had no chance but to take a decent offer when it came in.

He's even worse than gibson for getting injured and that's what's held him back, nothing else.

You mean this Neville?

FA Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99

That 1, yeah?

All of that doesn't disguise the fact that he was a truly awful football player though, does it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.