The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....not sure if already posted, Antoine Griezman being linked with us on rumour sites. 22 year old French left winger, I notice he's currently serving a 12 month international ban. Probably nowt in it but this is a rumour thread.

....not sure if already posted, Antoine Griezman being linked with us on rumour sites. 22 year old French left winger, I notice he's currently serving a 12 month international ban. Probably nowt in it but this is a rumour thread.

Would cost far too much money. Rated very highly by a team that have qualified for the Champions League. All jarg, mate.

Seen SSN understand we're weighing upa move for Scott Dann. probably means that we aren't in for Alderweirld.

I've posted this before but a lad who worked at everton as a performance anaylsist told ne moyes killed rodwell's confidence, though innuries played a big part, despite picking him apparently moyes made it clear he didn't trust him, he also said at 17 he was widely regarded as the best player of his age in europe

Now i'm all for a bit of Pip bashing... but christ... you dont play for United for aslong as he did if you are truly awful....

the thing is he isn't a truly awful utility man to cover injuries and the like, while being a positive influence on the training pitch, he was however, a awful key player and depressing first name on the team sheet

the thing is he isn't a truly awful utility man to cover injuries and the like, while being a positive influence on the training pitch, he was however, a awful key player and depressing first name on the team sheet

Not to begin with, he wasn't. He was great for his first few seasons. I have a couple of mates who are big United fans and they were genuinely gutted when he left to join us.

I've posted this before but a lad who worked at everton as a performance anaylsist told ne moyes killed rodwell's confidence, though innuries played a big part, despite picking him apparently moyes made it clear he didn't trust him, he also said at 17 he was widely regarded as the best player of his age in europe

With respect that means ****e all, as it depends on who's making the call & who they're comparing him with. He did look extremely promising as a young teenager, but he just never really progressed & made the transition from promising youngster into top notch first team pro.

Interesting stuff mate! He definitely had it in spades at one point, that's for sure.

Good debate about him vs Barkley vs Wilshire in the Barkley thread as well.

Rodwell was ****e. £12 million was brilliant money

Correct - rising to 17 as well if he fulfills anything with City. Half of one of the worst crab like midfield partnerships I've seen at Everton with Fellaini. The pair of them didn't have a forward ball between them that season yet everyone else took the blame for it because the pair of them have got a good media image and were young and 'powerful'. The pair of them successfully ended the careers of Cahill and Saha who were both of a proven quality but ended up chasing long balls all season because the midfield couldn't service them properly. It says something about them that Osman even partnered with Neville last season did more than either of them have ever done in central midfield for us.

In my eyes it is the biggest regret of the Moyes era that talented ball players such as Osman Arteta and Pienaar have been isolated on the wings whilst 'athletes' like Rodwell and Fellaini without a footballing brain between them have been allowed to occupy such coveted positions for so long depsite not performing. The same people who wonder why we don't always play good football are the same people wearing those stupid wigs and complaining that Osman is in the team. Look around the top teams of Europe, no other teams indulge slow crab like midfielders like Everton do.

Correct - rising to 17 as well if he fulfills anything with City. Half of one of the worst crab like midfield partnerships I've seen at Everton with Fellaini. The pair of them didn't have a forward ball between them that season yet everyone else took the blame for it because the pair of them have got a good media image and were young and 'powerful'. The pair of them successfully ended the careers of Cahill and Saha who were both of a proven quality but ended up chasing long balls all season because the midfield couldn't service them properly. It says something about them that Osman even partnered with Neville last season did more than either of them have ever done in central midfield for us.

In my eyes it is the biggest regret of the Moyes era that talented ball players such as Osman Arteta and Pienaar have been isolated on the wings whilst 'athletes' like Rodwell and Fellaini without a footballing brain between them have been allowed to occupy such coveted positions for so long depsite not performing. The same people who wonder why we don't always play good football are the same people wearing those stupid wigs and complaining that Osman is in the team. Look around the top teams of Europe, no other teams indulge slow crab like midfielders like Everton do.

British football in a nutshell there mate.

...not sure I can sign-up to all of this, but absolutely agree about Osman. He's one of those special players who takes the ball on the half-turn and moves us in the right direction. So simple looking but in reality difficult to execute. Really underrated but I suspect not by those who play alongside him.

With respect that means ****e all, as it depends on who's making the call & who they're comparing him with. He did look extremely promising as a young teenager, but he just never really progressed & made the transition from promising youngster into top notch first team pro.

He´s one of those players who never seem to grow up, a perpetual "prospect", never the actual real deal.

I´m sure at one point he was the dogs bollocks in his age group, but as he came along he just looked increasingly average. Not quite crafty enough to be a attacker, not quite tough enough to be a defender.

I´ll always be grateful to Moyes for flogging him for us.

He´s one of those players who never seem to grow up, a perpetual "prospect", never the actual real deal.

I´m sure at one point he was the dogs bollocks in his age group, but as he came along he just looked increasingly average. Not quite crafty enough to be a attacker, not quite tough enough to be a defender.

I´ll always be grateful to Moyes for flogging him for us.

This was a player we sold at only 21, like.

There is still time for him to make it.

In that case good for us we got RM and too bad for Utd.

I think we got a great price for him at the time and I wasn't overly sad to see him go. However I reckon with a run of games and a bit of luck injury wise he could fulfill the early potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.