The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i'm all for a bit of Pip bashing... but christ... you dont play for United for aslong as he did if you are truly awful....

We'l agree to disagree, horrible player imo, i'm not buying into the fact that if you merely play for them you should instantly be classed as a decent footballer, Danny Welbeck was nearly an ever present last season.

Super honours list he has, wonder what percentage of them competition winning sides he started in ?

I think we got a great price for him at the time and I wasn't overly sad to see him go. However I reckon with a run of games and a bit of luck injury wise he could fulfill the early potential.

This pretty much. Not sure Moyes saw him as an automatic starter for the season ahead and there's no way we could afford to have a £15 million pound asset as a substitute, especially with all the injury concerns. I still really want him to make it at the top though, will be interesting to see how much game time he gets under Pelligrini.

I think we got a great price for him at the time and I wasn't overly sad to see him go. However I reckon with a run of games and a bit of luck injury wise he could fulfill the early potential.

People will be saying that about him until he´s 34.

With respect that means ****e all, as it depends on who's making the call & who they're comparing him with. He did look extremely promising as a young teenager, but he just never really progressed & made the transition from promising youngster into top notch first team pro.

Apparently that was the general consensus mate, the lad was genuine as in he worked at everton, he now works for the RS, but I guess it could just be his opinion, he told me some hugely promising things about Ross though

Great athlete, completelt two footed with good technique, on top of that isn't a tit, you cant tell me theres not a footballer in there somewhere

Never sure he had the mental attitude of a winner, like.

Always went for the safe pass, didn't impose himself. Why I was so gutted we sold him, I felt like we never got him at his best.

We'l agree to disagree, horrible player imo, i'm not buying into the fact that if you merely play for them you should instantly be classed as a decent footballer, Danny Welbeck was nearly an ever present last season.

And Danny Welbeck is a more than decent player....

Maybe hes not top notch but he is hardly bad either.

Never sure he had the mental attitude of a winner, like.

Always went for the safe pass, didn't impose himself. Why I was so gutted we sold him, I felt like we never got him at his best.
Well, early on - he did go for some spectacular long balls and actually trying to create something, but then he got started as a more defensive midfielder and, sorry for saying this, maybe he did actually get ruined by a Moyes "athletes first" thingy noted above.

It's always bad for you when your coach says "you know what, I don't trust you" or after a relatively good game goes "well, good game, but some of those long passes have got to go, they just lost us possession" or something; it just ruins you.

Well, early on - he did go for some spectacular long balls and actually trying to create something, but then he got started as a more defensive midfielder and, sorry for saying this, maybe he did actually get ruined by a Moyes "athletes first" thingy noted above.

It's always bad for you when your coach says "you know what, I don't trust you" or after a relatively good game goes "well, good game, but some of those long passes have got to go, they just lost us possession" or something; it just ruins you.

I think there's a perfectly reasonable argument to say we didn't coach him properly.

He was a regular in the team before his 20th birthday but by that time he'd been playing for tree years and never seemed to actually get it together and become the player he looked like he might become for more than odd patches.

Maybe he didn't have the right attitude, maybe we just didn't know how to get out the best out of him, maybe he would have got there if he hadn't been so injured so often.

I'm not saying we handled him perfectly, just that the problem wasn't that he didn't get enough games.

I still think if we'd held onto him, he would have become a real player eventually. But then we wouldn't have been able to buy Stones, Oviedo and Mirallas so swings and roundabouts.

And Danny Welbeck is a more than decent player....

Maybe hes not top notch but he is hardly bad either.
danny_welbecks_skill_fail-64550.gif

Rodwell is a good player, if we were not in a financial mess and did not need the money i would have kept him.

His injury record is not great, but that may change when his body is fully grown. Stevie G la had the same issues at his age

Status
Not open for further replies.