The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are confusing the two, wanting change and protesting aren't the same thing.

You wouldnt protest if you didnt want change.

But I admit, you can want change without protesting.

I wont be attending any protests, but I defo want change.

Protesting is a little pointless in my eyes, after the last protest all the sheep clapped the massive Barrymore, its almost like they are happy to be falling behind.

I prefer to protest by not attending Cup games at Goodison, hit them where it hurts.

so by what people are saying. THE ONLY WAY TO PROTEST IS TO MARCH ON THE STREET. Hummmm. Isnt wanting change a little protest. Not going the game. Noy buying merchandise as well. I understand what your saying but Wanting change an protesting gos hand in hand.

so by what people are saying. THE ONLY WAY TO PROTEST IS TO MARCH ON THE STREET. Hummmm. Isnt wanting change a little protest. Not going the game. Noy buying merchandise as well. I understand what your saying but Wanting change an protesting gos hand in hand.

I'm sorry no, look up the definition of the word protest. If i want change and do nothing to voice my opinion to the person or persons i wish to object to, then i am not protesting.

Generally to be part of a protest you would march with a group. Send a letter or email or like you say refuse to spend your money or just boycott them all together.

Fans that sit at home or just bring up their frustration on this forum are not actively protesting.

I'm sure the guys on the streets involved in the active march would love to see more people there not just staying at home and keeping their opinion and displeasure to themselves.

IMO you work for Everton FC and Bill Kenwright , it's so obvious no one goes through hundreds of pages on the defences of a club in serious serious decline , I've always had a gut feeling you know Bill , after that last post just confirmed it to me

I agree with Neiler on a lot of things too. I'll be sure to say hello to Bill later, we're having a nice meal before going to see one of his plays.

sigh_GONqxVsDrWBq.jpg

I'm sorry no, look up the definition of the word protest. If i want change and do nothing to voice my opinion to the person or persons i wish to object to, then i am not protesting.

Generally to be part of a protest you would march with a group. Send a letter or email or like you say refuse to spend your money or just boycott them all together.

Fans that sit at home or just bring up their frustration on this forum are not actively protesting.

I'm sure the guys on the streets involved in the active march would love to see more people there not just staying at home and keeping their opinion and displeasure to themselves.

As i said before mate. Your right, wanting change and protesting is NOT the same. I know if i look it up the will say completely different things.

But we live in the real world and not a dictionary. Im sure for what ever reason lots of people dont want to protest. Im not even going to go into that. but you make your own little protest buy making your voice heard, even if it is on a forum.

TBH, it doesn't really matter one way or other. I just hope that if people love this club like i do, and the want change. then there prepared to do something about it.

NILSATIS NISIOPTIMUM.

I still believe in that. Even thou many others have forgotten what it means, or what it stands for.

First point of reference; i do not have any involvement with the Blue Union, I am of sound mind to make my own judgements on facts presented to me after researching on my own grounds. The same reason why I had such a heated debate with Dave Fitz on BlueKipper about our current board.

Thats not entirely true, part of their terms of reference are that they wish to work with the board and CEO and assist in finding investment. The point in the terms of reference comes immediately after they say they want to oust the current board. Now i know what your thinking, maybe not the greatest enticement for the board to allow them to assist, but then anything goes when you want change and are a real Evertonian apparently. Incidently they also say they sort the stadium issue etc - ill wait on that one as well, but then maybe im underestimateing the power of marching.

I'm sorry but it doesn't state anywhere about ousting the board, it states they would assist the board; this could have various meanings, nowhere does it state they will go out and attract investment.

And again, a bit on your high horse here; the stadium issue. I can't see anywhere that mentions 'we will sort the stadia out'; infact it states they, again, would assist. And if you had any other approach rather being blinkered, you may have noticed all the work KEIOC have put into helping resolve the stadium issues. Plans where drawn up pre-DK, and talks are still continuing with the SOS, JMU over the football quarter; seems to be they are doing a lot more leg work than any Everton member of staff.

Come on now, sweeping things under the carpet is the same jargon as pulling the wool over our eyes, slightley more lines but its dirval and pointless and as point of debtae without focuss. Please dont take the moral high road about a lock of transparncey as you openly admit your sole purpose is to oust the board - sugar coating when it suits, secondly the olive branch of communication and transparncey with the club you fecked up, through misreprensenting the transcript and secondly secretlyu tapeing the meeting. The BU has some neck complaining about the club not wanting to work in partnership - you wouldnt blame them, or give out about a lack of honesty.

As pointed out above i am not involved with the BU, so i haven't fecked anything up. But i'll respond from questions I HAVE myself that you seem unable (or unprepared) to answer. These where included in my previous posts on this subject. Heres a few for you, the same reason i say swept under the carpet, because as a fan i am still waiting for answers from the club:
1. Where is the ring fenced money from Kings Dock
2. Why are the clubs shareholders registered in the British Virgin Islands and who is currently a shareholder in BCR Sports
3. Why was Finch Farm sold off and then leased back
4. Why where Echo journalists banned from all things Everton

They are just a few, but maybe you would like to answer my question about the car in the previous post.

I don't know if that meeting was taped illegally or not (if it where i would expect some lawsuit to be filed, which it hasn't so maybe it was given conscent). Anyway, the club now has a legal right to open communication with fans, there is new FIFA or UEFA Article on the matter, can't remember the exact Commision Number. So regardless of the BU incident, the club are still required to open communication with fans by law.

Thirdly and you are right in the sense that this is about a few fans, your certainly not in the majority and thats largely because the BU are devoid of ideas, strategy, morals or ethics. Which is a shame because alot of Evertoinans need a proper banner to rally around. If you take this is a pro kenwirght post or someone who against change - then i think you have exatley why the BU will fall fat on its face and actually do more damage toward change then not. Black or white, all or nothing thinking performed be people who to be kind arent that bright or even in pocession of a clear purpose or have the skills to implement it.

I think the BU are not devoid of ideas, infact they have brought so much attention to the mess Everton football club is in that it has started to bring our plight to a wider audience, exactley what I, as a fan, wanted. In the 3 odd months they have been going, they have held 2 large meetings, one large protest and had numerous articles written in national newspaper....seems to be like they are doing a good job.

Lastly, it has been confirmed that there are a number of parites interested in the club, good luck with your march at the weekend but if i was an investor i would be looking at the behaviour of the fan base and possible future implications and would bother - in fact i beleive the march could be quite damageing - with out really any point or purpose. Lets be honest here a rag tag bunch from Blackburn with a few graffetied sheets are getting more national press at the moment then you lot, while you guys should have more amo to fire, just not the sense to see it - you just bang on about change, pulling the wool over eyes and sweeping things under carpet, while beleiving you are James Bond with secret recordings, eventually and up untill this point you do noithing but damage the club.

If you where an investor I wouldn't want you anywhere near this club, we'd be in a worse mess than we are now. Anyway you're wrong, any potential investor would see this has a perfect opportunity to buy into a fallen giant. The crowds are unhappy with the current regime, the chairman has stated his willingness to sell; they'd be able to get the club for a fraction of what BK wants and its all done through a leak to the press.

For instance, a potential investor walks into a meeting, offers £80m for the club, it gets refused; a story leaks to the national press that billionaire as had an offer refused for Everton, he was going to pump £300million into the team and build a new stadium..... there would be uproar at GP and BK and the Board wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Any potential investor will be rubbing there hands at this.

However, you have some serious issues with anyone who has anything to do with the BU, you think its all cloak and daggers and can't see the bigger picture with the work these lads have put in, and its a lot of work by the looks of it. I applaud them and say keep going, bring our story to the wider audience and let potential investors know of the passion of us Evertonians

IMO you work for Everton FC and Bill Kenwright , it's so obvious no one goes through hundreds of pages on the defences of a club in serious serious decline , I've always had a gut feeling you know Bill , after that last post just confirmed it to me

Probably right this, to be fair.

If you're reading - what job do you have with Everton, Neiler?

If the vast majority of working men didn't protest about not having the vote, did that make the male suffrage movement unrepresentative and a failure?

If the vast majority of blacks in America didn't march for equal rights, did that make the equal rights movement unrepresentative and a failure?

If the vast majority of people didn't protest against the Poll Tax, did that make the anti-poll tax movement unrepresentative and a failure?

These are all on a grander scale to what we're talking about I know, but the principle at work here is the same.

If the vast majority of working men didn't protest about not having the vote, did that make the male suffrage movement unrepresentative and a failure?

If the vast majority of blacks in America didn't march for equal rights, did that make the equal rights movement unrepresentative and a failure?

If the vast majority of people didn't protest against the Poll Tax, did that make the anti-poll tax movement unrepresentative and a failure?

On a grander scale to what we're talking about I know, but the principle at work here is the same.

See i didn't say anything about being against protesting you may need to learn how to read my post.

I was commenting on the fact that there are those who do not like what goes on but at the same time do not want to protest. Sharpy said it was one and the same thing as those that did. I disagree with that end of.

Fair play to those who did protest actively as yes they are sending the message they wish to convey.

I don't disagree wit protesting and i commend those who stand up for what they believe.

I was just making the distinction that not everyone wants a cause or system changes protests therefore they cannot be lumped into the protest category just because they believe in the same thing as those protesting.

i'm beginning to think there is an element of snobbery amongst some everton supporters,
don't do protests.
don't do marches.
don't do bad grammar.

so what if this is the worst board in living memory? bills a blue, thats whats important. sounds more like an NUT meeting.

See i didn't say anything about being against protesting you may need to learn how to read my post.

I was commenting on the fact that there are those who do not like what goes on but at the same time do not want to protest. Sharpy said it was one and the same thing as those that did. I disagree with that end of.

I didn't say you were against it..maybe you need to read my post?

Fair play to those who did protest actively as yes they are sending the message they wish to convey.

I don't disagree wit protesting and i commend those who stand up for what they believe.

I was just making the distinction that not everyone wants a cause or system changes protests therefore they cannot be lumped into the protest category just because they believe in the same thing as those protesting.

The point sharpy made was that protest comes in many forms and that you cant quantify support for the aims of the BU by a simple head count on a march. It's an unaswerable point to be honest.

i'm beginning to think there is an element of snobbery amongst some everton supporters,
don't do protests.
don't do marches.
don't do bad grammar.

so what if this is the worst board in living memory? bills a blue, thats whats important. sounds more like an NUT meeting.

I think they're very arrogant people , tbh. Always looking to pull down other blues.

What i was trying to show was....

people keep saying that the Protesters/wanters out. Are in the Minority.

I say they both want the same thing, but one will go do something about it.

TIME FOR CHANGE.

First point of reference; i do not have any involvement with the Blue Union, I am of sound mind to make my own judgements on facts presented to me after researching on my own grounds. The same reason why I had such a heated debate with Dave Fitz on BlueKipper about our current board.

I'm sorry but it doesn't state anywhere about ousting the board, it states they would assist the board; this could have various meanings, nowhere does it state they will go out and attract investment.

And again, a bit on your high horse here; the stadium issue. I can't see anywhere that mentions 'we will sort the stadia out'; infact it states they, again, would assist. And if you had any other approach rather being blinkered, you may have noticed all the work KEIOC have put into helping resolve the stadium issues. Plans where drawn up pre-DK, and talks are still continuing with the SOS, JMU over the football quarter; seems to be they are doing a lot more leg work than any Everton member of staff.

As pointed out above i am not involved with the BU, so i haven't fecked anything up. But i'll respond from questions I HAVE myself that you seem unable (or unprepared) to answer. These where included in my previous posts on this subject. Heres a few for you, the same reason i say swept under the carpet, because as a fan i am still waiting for answers from the club:
1. Where is the ring fenced money from Kings Dock
2. Why are the clubs shareholders registered in the British Virgin Islands and who is currently a shareholder in BCR Sports
3. Why was Finch Farm sold off and then leased back
4. Why where Echo journalists banned from all things Everton

They are just a few, but maybe you would like to answer my question about the car in the previous post.

I don't know if that meeting was taped illegally or not (if it where i would expect some lawsuit to be filed, which it hasn't so maybe it was given conscent). Anyway, the club now has a legal right to open communication with fans, there is new FIFA or UEFA Article on the matter, can't remember the exact Commision Number. So regardless of the BU incident, the club are still required to open communication with fans by law.

I think the BU are not devoid of ideas, infact they have brought so much attention to the mess Everton football club is in that it has started to bring our plight to a wider audience, exactley what I, as a fan, wanted. In the 3 odd months they have been going, they have held 2 large meetings, one large protest and had numerous articles written in national newspaper....seems to be like they are doing a good job.

If you where an investor I wouldn't want you anywhere near this club, we'd be in a worse mess than we are now. Anyway you're wrong, any potential investor would see this has a perfect opportunity to buy into a fallen giant. The crowds are unhappy with the current regime, the chairman has stated his willingness to sell; they'd be able to get the club for a fraction of what BK wants and its all done through a leak to the press.

For instance, a potential investor walks into a meeting, offers £80m for the club, it gets refused; a story leaks to the national press that billionaire as had an offer refused for Everton, he was going to pump £300million into the team and build a new stadium..... there would be uproar at GP and BK and the Board wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Any potential investor will be rubbing there hands at this.

However, you have some serious issues with anyone who has anything to do with the BU, you think its all cloak and daggers and can't see the bigger picture with the work these lads have put in, and its a lot of work by the looks of it. I applaud them and say keep going, bring our story to the wider audience and let potential investors know of the passion of us Evertonians

Stands and applauds**

Im sure we'll be thought of as BU hooligans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.