• Play him in midfield & Garbutt LB

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Keep him at left back

Votes: 70 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes into the bottler envelope for me
93% successful penalty rate, but the guy is a bottler?
Slightly out of date as he has missed one of 15 now but

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...penalty-taker-in-barclays-premier-league.html
Table 2: Best conversion rates of penalty-takers (min 10 taken)
PLAYERPENS TAKENGOALSSUCCESS
Leighton Baines11 11 100.00%
Matthew Le Tissier26 25 96.20%
Danny Murphy19 18 94.70%
James Beattie17 16 94.10%
Julian Dicks16 15 93.80%
Thierry Henry25 23 92.00%
Frank Leboeuf11 10 90.90%
Gary Speed11 10 90 .90%
Peter Beardsley20 18 90.00%
Emmanuel Adebayor10.9 90.00%

Last edited:
Baines is good, but Lamn he ain't.
He isn't a midfielder, he just played a good 1-2 with Pienaar
Find him a 25yr old Pienaar MkII to play his 1-2's and 3-4's with... but hurry up he's not getting any younger.

In a year or 2 he'll be in a 3 way shoot out with Garbutt and Oviedo baby ala The good the bad and the ugly...I think he's going to get the Lee van Cleef short straw though.
Not sure yet of the other 2 who cops for the unloaded gun

Baines is good, but Lamn he ain't.
He isn't a midfielder, he just played a good 1-2 with Pienaar
Find him a 25yr old Pienaar MkII to play his 1-2's and 3-4's with... but hurry up he's not getting any younger.

In a year or 2 he'll be in a 3 way shoot out with Garbutt and Oviedo baby ala The good the bad and the ugly...I think he's going to get the Lee van Cleef short straw though.
Not sure yet of the other 2 who cops for the unloaded gun

Interesting poem

I'd like to give it a try. If not, we can still move him back if it doesn't work out. We have two outstanding talents in Garbutt and Oviedo who will be needing more time in the future, so I hope Bainesy will slot in there seemlessly.

I think it is pretty obvious that Martinez has been trying Oviedo further up the pitch in an effort to accommodate him and Baines into the team given that a fully fit Oviedo and a fully fit Baines are pretty inseparable in terms of quality. I genuinely can't think of the last time Oviedo has played LB since his injury, even for the U21's.

As for Garbutt, I would like to see him get more time in the league against some of the lesser teams to let him properly stake his claim.

I think our lack of creativity is a bigger problem than having 3 quality LBs. Putting Baines in the centre may help our creativity problems first and then secondly give more opportunities for Oviedo and Garbutt. Baines is a superb player, he excels in just about every category so logic would assume he would do more than fine in a new position. Tbh there is no way he is going to play worse than Barry has been lately so its not much of a risk.

I'm not disagreeing...BUT, does that make Oviedo permanent winger cover and LB cover?
Oviedo I think will never be a big starter for us . Think he will play many many games.for us in many different positions tbh. He plays so well wig both feet and seems to fit into any position quite well so he will be sound for game time ImO.

But I think Garbutt could be really special and needs to be given five year deal and let known he is our next left back

I'm going to throw my opinion in here and say no.

Just No.

From a Midfield that does not score nearly enough goals the last thing we need is another Defensive Midfielder, taking one of the best in the Universe out of that positi...

Okay now i'm cross eyed.

Thanks.

And another thing. Garbutt cannot sign another contract elsewhere if he's offered a new contract by the club due to his age.

Fact.

The ONLY way someone would get Garbutt free is if Everton released him.

Thats not going to happen as Martinez has already said he's being offered new terms.

Er Gosling?..this is Everton remember

Status
Not open for further replies.