The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember a Derby were both teams are so unconfident. Providing there's no early goal I think it'll be a scrappy draw.

We've got our whole squad to choose from, barring Barkley.

I'm guessing Pienaar will be fit?

Any news on their injuries? Sturridge, Henderson, Coutihno back no doubt!?
Injury room says they're all due back for the derby....obvious really isn't it. Always the way

Ok. Forgot yesterday. It might have been a blessing in drag costume.

I laugh at slicks who criticize Martinez. He's boss and the best thing that has happened to Everton - in long long time.

Personal note. Ive said all along that preseason strategy will have an effect to our early season. Just wait and see. We will peak later for obvious reasons. Yes we have problems, but these will be sorted.

Bring on the derby. They wont see it coming. We'll be innit with different attitude. Yesterday was just a run in for few.

Fists up and gear up blues.

COYB

Have to be honest I don't expect us to win one bit.

But, with how we've been playing Id like to think the players will roll up their sleeves and give 110% knowing what it means. If they do that, you never know.

We are low on confidence, so we need to make sure we score first. I would worry if we conceded first, god know what would happen.

Really hope that Coleman and Pienaar are back, as this is our best starting 11 in my opinion (excluding Barkley)

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
Mirrallas McCarthy Barry Pienaar
Naismith
Lukaku

Eto'o, Besic and either McGeady or Atsu to come on as subs.

That team is good enough to beat them. But we need to score first!

It's a pity Pienaar's body is surrendering to the dictates of age and a physical contact sport. We really miss his creative input. Similarly we miss the flair and physicality of Barkley. However, it is what it is and the XI that take the field on Saturday must be on their A game. I suppose it is fortunate that my expectations are so low for the next two games as disappointment will be thus tempered. I appreciate that sounds a little (a lot) pessimistic, but there is something intrinsically wrong with Everton at the moment. What that specifically is confounds me, and I fear it confounds our manager.
However, regardless of my pessimisms, I will be glued to my screen come 11.45pm on Saturday night

if Coleman's out then Stones has to be RB, which leaves Jags, Distin and Alcaraz as CB options. Given current form I;d go for Alcaraz over Distin. Hobson's choice though to be fair.

Stones and Jags need to be the centre backs for me, whether Coleman is out or not. I'd sooner play Browning/even Oviedo there before bringing a different centre back in.

Have to be honest I don't expect us to win one bit.

But, with how we've been playing Id like to think the players will roll up their sleeves and give 110% knowing what it means. If they do that, you never know.

A win and a draw from the next two games! Get into em!

Status
Not open for further replies.