The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just sad the derby came this early. We're still on a bit of a bender from summer and need about a month to sober up. Everton at the start is either sluggish into a steady pace or like a firecracker out of the gate that fizzles for awhile and I think we know which one it is this year.

You can see why....hammered them at Goodison last year but dancing queen comes on and nods one in in the last few minutes for a totally undeserved point.

But when you give a free kick away nr your box that late in the game, eh Distin!!
How many times that happened, wolfsburg last week!!

Looking forward to it in a way but dreading it in another.

If we defend like we have been we're buggered, a heavy defeat.

If we defend well we'll win as we will score Nais will notch without doubt for me, his movement will have them donkey CH going dizzy and they will be more occupied with Lukaku.

3-1 to them or 2-1 to us depends which of our defenders turn up on the day.

They have no leaders apart from Gerrard who's a liability. A lot of their players are playing with fear from the expectation. Hopefully Henderson and Sturridge are out or at least not match fit and they're relying on a 19 year old to win them every game like they did with Suarez.

Every year I fear this game because I just know they have one player who always scores against us normally to win, right back to the days of Rush however this year is different. We have nothing to fear except fear itself <- Good line that.

Put it this way. We're used to losing this game. We'll survive. However just imagine the meltdown over there if we win.

Last edited:
They have no leaders apart from Gerrard who's a liability. A lot of their players are playing with fear from the expectation. Hopefully Henderson and Sturridge are out or at least not match fit and they're relying on a 19 year old to win them every game like they did with Suarez.

Every year I fear this game because I just know they have one player who always scores against us normally to win, right back to the days of Rush however this year is different. We have nothing to fear except fear itself <- Good line that.

Put it this way. We're used to losing this game. We'll survive. However just imagine the meltdown over there if we win.
We set up wrong there last season but as you say we always seem to just cave there and get beaten to easily. I hope Martinez has a master plan or it's another drubbing

We should play as the away team. As Chelsea, Aston Villa and Ludogrets showed, when you task them with breaking teams down they have nothing. We should play on the break and have Lukaku and Mirallas running at them.

Instead like we did last time we'll play tappy tappy moving our ageing defense right up to the halfway line letting them defend 11 behind the ball then we'll act all surprised when Gerrard booms long ball after long ball to Sturridge and Sterling two players ineffective against properly organised defenses.

Will Martinez learn from last season? Fit players with the right tactics in the right position please. If i see Distin witj Jags and Stones at RB im leaving the pit as soon as its announced.

We should play as the away team. As Chelsea, Aston Villa and Ludogrets showed, when you task them with breaking teams down they have nothing. We should play on the break and have Lukaku and Mirallas running at them.

Instead like we did last time we'll play tappy tappy moving our ageing defense right up to the halfway line letting them defend 11 behind the ball then we'll act all surprised when Gerrard booms long ball after long ball to Sturridge and Sterling two players ineffective against properly organised defenses.

Will Martinez learn from last season? Fit players with the right tactics in the right position please. If i see Distin witj Jags and Stones at RB im leaving the pit as soon as its announced.
Have an awful feeling that Bobby will not learn from the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.