The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagher94

Player Valuation: £35m
Thought I'd start a bit of an early discussion about this as it's an interesting one for me.

Eager to hear everybody's thoughts on how we'll set up for this, the tactics you think we may employ, etc. We of course need to eradicate any chance of a drubbing like last season - I'm sure many aren't filled with confidence having witnessed our defence in these first three games but I believe we will have shored up by then, we have no choice but to really or it won't be pretty.

As for them, Sturridge is a big doubt for this one as he will be out for up to three weeks.

So how do you think we'll line up (assuming that the only absentees will be Barkley and Kone - he may even be fit, not sure about Oviedo) and what will our gameplan be? Give our RAWK spies something to report back with; that's where BR gets his ideas right?

We need to stop being naive against this Liverpool team and playing a high line.

Mourinho worked out Liverpool are a counter attacking team and exploit space in behind with their diving pacey players.

We should play a deep line and hold for first 30mins, stay in the game as they burn out 2nd half generally

As much as our set-up on the day will have a big say in things, I hate to say it, but the choice of match officials might be crucial. We need a ref who will tell Gerrard to shut his pie hole when he starts the inevitable bleating about anything and a ref who will be fully alert to their gamesmanship.

I can understand the negativity towards the derbies played across the park, but we have to get behind the boys and will them on. We're overdue a result there, in much the same way we were due a result at OT and got it last season... so keep the faith !!

Status
Not open for further replies.