The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking forward to this, doesn't seem to matter how good a team I think we have this never goes well...Ever, like ever...ever hate the Derby, Ian Rush scarred me for life and it never improves :(
My first derby was at Goodison,1973-74,Mick Lyons scored a perfectly good header which was ruled out,then a no mark by the name of Alan Waddle looking suspiciously offside shinned a bobbled effort in off the post to win in for the red rats,sort of set the tone more or less for the next forty years for me!:(

I would be tempted to drop Naismith and do a man marking job on Sterling with either Besic or Gibson.

I would then play on the counter with Mirallas Lukaku and Atsu. With their pace and ability to run with the ball it would be like when Bayern came up against Real Madrid last season.

Bobby doesn't normally play like that but he did at Newcastle last season so maybe he's over the whole havig to play with arogance and our game rubbish.

We need to win this.

Just turned 30.

But I have the soul of a 50 year old and the mind of a 15 year old.
Going the game is different as you're surrounded by fellow blues.

If you're not going the game, do yourself a favour. DO NOT WATCH this live.

Record it, switch off your phone and immerse yourself into something else. Check the result later on after you've finished what you were doing. If the RS have won, delete the recording and take a moment to calm down. Watch the recording if any other result.

Sitting through a Merseyside Derby is about as painful a thing to watch in football. For me its more painful to sit through than a cup final. Seeing those beauts score against us, is about as bad as it gets. I've had to resort to the above, due to the fact i've broken a few things in my house when previously watching a derby at home.

Record it, switch off your phone and immerse yourself into something else. Check the result later on after you've finished what you were doing. If the RS have won, delete the recording and take a moment to calm down. Watch the recording if any other result.

Sitting through a Merseyside Derby is about as painful a thing to watch in football. For me its more painful to sit through than a cup final. Seeing those beauts score against us, is about as bad as it gets. I've had to resort to the above, due to the fact i've broken a few things in my house when previously watching a derby at home.

What an absolutely perfect summary. And this is what I'll be doing on Saturday. Staying far, far away from anywhere that might have the game on

;) I might give it a shot...

But that might feel like bottling it to the scum...:oops:

;) I might give it a shot...

But that might feel like bottling it to the scum...:oops:

Watch it mate and watch it live. I'm 35 years old, seen us get roasted from them numerous times but one day, yep one fine day like this Saturday I'm going to watch us absolutely destroy them in every way a football team can destroy their rivals with superior football and goals goals goals all for Everton. Can you imagine winning 5-0, not watching it and then getting told later on? Screw that I want to see it there and then and revel in the moment.

Alternatively though if true to form we get beat make sure you don't mind losing a window, TV, stereo, family pet as one of the above will be lost in the crossfire.

Watch it mate and watch it live. I'm 35 years old, seen us get roasted from them numerous times but one day, yep one fine day like this Saturday I'm going to watch us absolutely destroy them in every way a football team can destroy their rivals with superior football and goals goals goals all for Everton. Can you imagine winning 5-0, not watching it and then getting told later on? Screw that I want to see it there and then and revel in the moment.

Alternatively though if true to form we get beat make sure you don't mind losing a window, TV, stereo, family pet as one of the above will be lost in the crossfire.

I'll keep a polystyrene box handy...

Status
Not open for further replies.