The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Coleman plays I think we'll win this one.

There's two players we can ill afford to have out of the team - Barkley and Coleman. They are our dynamos: the players capable of swinging defence into attack that wins these types of games. We cant have both out and expect to win any game, let alone a Derby.

Spurs away aside, Liverpool look as hopeless as Everton this season - as the table underlines.

They are vulnerable at home. With a fit back line we can win this with players like Lukaku and Eto'o who can get a goal on the big occasion. Mirallas always puts it in against Liverpool, and Naismith has netted against them and has no fear of a M'side Derby after the OF encounters he's been in.

If Coleman plays I think we win this by the odd goal in three. This Liverpool team is a shadow of last season's, and, apart from all the usual fearful Derby emotions, we all know it.

Very positive - I like it!

Agree, we need Coleman back. Stones and Jags at CB. Oviedo ahead of Baines if he is fit enough to start

God I hate derby games, and the way we are making mistakes in defence at the moment, i'm nervous but still have that bit of hope we will beat them.

We need to get straight into them, we've been far too nice, There's no way we'll win a derby match by out playing them there,
I think I've seen us dominate derbies at Anfield twice since the 70's.
We'll have our work cut out with us being the cowards that we are and the inevitable dodgy officiating.
It's a cliché but this is a massive game in our season and I'd snatch your hand off for a point,
I wish we never had to play them.

For the first time since I can remember I wont be watching the match unfortunately I'm traveling which was booked well advance of the fixture list. I'll be grabbing updates using my phone from here. Anyway... Both teams going into this aren't exactly fully firing on full cylinders. We're defo not in for a bumming. It's going to be tight. Please lads - Lasses have a beer or 6 for me and give them hell.

Very positive - I like it!

Agree, we need Coleman back. Stones and Jags at CB. Oviedo ahead of Baines if he is fit enough to start
Personally, I'd sit Stones out. If Coleman is injured he'll no doubt slot in at RB. But as shaky as Distin and Jagielka have been I'd rely on their greater experience in Derbies.

They will pin us back in the first 10-15mins coming out the blocks at 100mph

It all depends on of we can hold them off in that period, They score first we are goosed

If Peinaar and Coleman are fit happy days, only really Barkley missing so no excuses.

The team picks itself really and it's the one that started against WBA apart from either Peinaar for McGeady or Lukaku on the right with Kev on the left with Eto'o up front.

Brace yourself though to be bummed into oblivion and in a bad mod for the rest of the day.

Worst thing is, going to a family party Saturday night, only blue there, it could be hell!

I think Pienaar and Coleman will start. I'd line up like this:

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Naismith Pienaar
Lukaku

Eto'o Oviedo and McGeady/Kone off the bench.

IF Pienaar isn't fit - Oviedo wide left for me.

If Coleman plays I think we'll win this one.

There's two players we can ill afford to have out of the team - Barkley and Coleman. They are our dynamos: the players capable of swinging defence into attack that wins these types of games. We cant have both out and expect to win any game, let alone a Derby.

Spurs away aside, Liverpool look as hopeless as Everton this season - as the table underlines.

They are vulnerable at home. With a fit back line we can win this with players like Lukaku and Eto'o who can get a goal on the big occasion. Mirallas always puts it in against Liverpool, and Naismith has netted against them and has no fear of a M'side Derby after the OF encounters he's been in.

If Coleman plays I think we win this by the odd goal in three. This Liverpool team is a shadow of last season's, and, apart from all the usual fearful Derby emotions, we all know it.

I think we can at least get a point out of it. Form goes out the window in derbies, but they are a shadow of themselves as you say and if we apply ourselves and show the good side of our best games this season we are more than a match for them. In spite of how they make out that United/Chelsea/City are their biggest games now, beating us is always uppermost with them and they will do the whirling dervish routine on us from the kickoff especially their 'Quarterback'. We'll have to override the shellshock of last season there, but, as long as we 'turn up' mentally/physically, keep our cool with the defensive passing and attack incisively and quickly as we can, theyre there for the taking. Itll be a great birthday present for me....as good as the one Super Kev provided 15 years ago the same day.

I feel a lot less confident then I did for the same fixture last year, but it can't be as bad as that...I can't remember a lower point last season.
This means we'll win obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.