The 223rd Merseyside Derby: 27/09/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Roberto is being clever there.

He's not going to say they're fit and play in Liverpool's hands.

I'd be amazed if Coleman wasn't fit, it was only a bang to the head 9 days ago.

Think he's playing mind games.

I reckon they'll both start.

Same way Rodgers won't come out and say Sturridge, Coutinho and Henderson are all 100% fit, gives it away..

Roberto said Coleman and Pienaar will have late fitness tests as its too early to say if they'll be fit.

He never said 'he's not fit'.

IMO it's mind games and he'll start for sure. It was only a bang to the head!!!
We need coleman so much I dread to think who he will play there if coleman is out.

gibson fullly fit, could we play 433?

-----barry
mcarthy---gibson
lukaku--naismith---mirallas

or

barry---mccarthy
------gibson
lukaku---naismith----mirallas

I think we'll be right up for this one, but then again they are the jammiest bastards ever and Martin Atkinson is a shithouse.

If Coleman plays I think we'll win this one.

There's two players we can ill afford to have out of the team - Barkley and Coleman. They are our dynamos: the players capable of swinging defence into attack that wins these types of games. We cant have both out and expect to win any game, let alone a Derby.

Spurs away aside, Liverpool look as hopeless as Everton this season - as the table underlines.

They are vulnerable at home. With a fit back line we can win this with players like Lukaku and Eto'o who can get a goal on the big occasion. Mirallas always puts it in against Liverpool, and Naismith has netted against them and has no fear of a M'side Derby after the OF encounters he's been in.

If Coleman plays I think we win this by the odd goal in three. This Liverpool team is a shadow of last season's, and, apart from all the usual fearful Derby emotions, we all know it.

If Coleman plays I think we'll win this one.

There's two players we can ill afford to have out of the team - Barkley and Coleman. They are our dynamos: the players capable of swinging defence into attack that wins these types of games. We cant have both out and expect to win any game, let alone a Derby.

Spurs away aside, Liverpool look as hopeless as Everton this season - as the table underlines.

They are vulnerable at home. With a fit back line we can win this with players like Lukaku and Eto'o who can get a goal on the big occasion. Mirallas always puts it in against Liverpool, and Naismith has netted against them and has no fear of a M'side Derby after the OF encounters he's been in.

If Coleman plays I think we win this by the odd goal in three. This Liverpool team is a shadow of last season's, and, apart from all the usual fearful Derby emotions, we all know it.

great positive post...i just CANT get my hopes up, last season shocked me so much...im prepared for another pasting..

great positive post...i just CANT get my hopes up, last season shocked me so much...im prepared for another pasting..

If Liverpool put in another performance like that then its a bolt from the blue this season. Last season it was their norm.
On the other hand, as bad as we've been this season, last Anfield Derby we were about as ill prepared as you could possibly be for it.

In short: that last Derby stands little chance of being replicated. It'll be tight, but if we have Coleman out to push back Moreno and cause Liverpool problems down their left we can take this by the odd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.