Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's another you would have to put in the "Good signing by Moyes" column.
I was a bit dubious about spending circa £5 mill on a 30 year old but he has proved me wrong and been a rock. He'll be coming up towards 200 caps at seasons end and looks better now than he did ten years ago.
Winding up kopite's doesn't do any harm either!
He was pretty hopeless at signing strikers but for signing defenders not sure anyone has a better record than Moyes.

The quality of his signings for their price - Howard 3m, Baines 6m, Oviedo 3.5m Garbutt 600k, Distin 4m, Jags 4m, Stones 3m, Coleman 60k, Lescott 5m and even Neville for 3.5m in his early years - is amazing especially given we went on to sell Lescott for 22m+ and the profit from his sale covered the cost of last seasons first choice back 5.

He was pretty hopeless at signing strikers but for signing defenders not sure anyone has a better record than Moyes.

The quality of his signings for their price - Howard 3m, Baines 6m, Oviedo 3.5m Garbutt 600k, Distin 4m, Jags 4m, Stones 3m, Coleman 60k, Lescott 5m and even Neville for 3.5m in his early years - is amazing especially given we went on to sell Lescott for 22m+ and the profit from his sale covered the cost of last seasons first choice back 5.

Good point that about Moyes, it is the only thing i can really give him any credit for. When he first went to United i told all the United fans i know how they had made a bad mistake by getting Moyes, the only postitive thing i could say about him was he was good at buying players cheap and making signings from the lower leagues, a skill that is useless to a club like Manchester United.
West Ham, WBA and clubs like that he could help out with that ability.

I have to admit why the hell did moyes spend 5M on a 30+ player....I reckon he isn't far of Cahill for small money well spent now! How long have we had him now 4-5 years? The only time I've ever hated him was the FA semi Vs the [Poor language removed]

Good point that about Moyes, it is the only thing i can really give him any credit for. When he first went to United i told all the United fans i know how they had made a bad mistake by getting Moyes, the only postitive thing i could say about him was he was good at buying players cheap and making signings from the lower leagues, a skill that is useless to a club like Manchester United.
West Ham, WBA and clubs like that he could help out with that ability.
Agree that his greatest strength as a manager wasn't much use to Man Utd but personally don't think it was Moyes's only strength. It is just his weaknesses were such a bad fit for them at that particular time.

Was furious at how he treated Everton around his leaving but it has worked out great for us in the end so hope he goes on to rebuild his reputation at another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.