Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him walking on to the pitch after the match, in his coat. Distin approached one of the stewards, the steward was pointing into the Gladdy, around about where that picture was taken by @GrandOldTeam he then just hugged him, i left then.

Well I stayed till the end and distin walked over and took something of his wrist witch looked like his watch witch I thought he was giving to a fan but the stewards wouldnt let him near he was pointing into the stand very strange.

Well I stayed till the end and distin walked over and took something of his wrist witch looked like his watch witch I thought he was giving to a fan but the stewards wouldnt let him near he was pointing into the stand very strange.

Don't know why but LOL.

Distin has done nothing wrong. Nice to see him standing up for himself. That Rosyton bell has cacked himself and all is right with the world.

I think he really did rise to it a little bit much, but I have had a look and I don't think you can describe Distin's original response to the first supporters comment as 'out-of-line'. Much ado about nothing, interesting though!

We moan when players show no emotions and act like they dont care

Player shows emotion and that he cares about results - we moan

Why are people so upset about this?

It doesn't matter. Our fans (if that chap is one of us) shouldn't be treating our players like that. Distin was simply standing up for himself.

Huge overreaction, it's twitter, not life and death.

Distin plainly enjoys it and likes to take the proverbial with the trolls, but he's always one of the last players off the pitch applauding the fans. That might just be a bit of smart PR on his part but I think he's genuine, realises he's lucky to be getting well paid for kicking a ball round the Old Lady and knows who's paying his wages ( directly or indirectly ).

I'm inclined to cut him a huge amount of slack on what he's said this week on social media. Most players trot out banal stuff but Sylvain plainly has a brain to go with his sexy body, so I actually read what he says on an irregular basis.

Bien Sylvain.

The troll wasn't a Blue apparently.....I'd be the first to congratulate Sylvain, or any of our players for that matter, who called the bluff of a gobshite. Shouting or delivering obscenities from within a crowd or behind a keyboard is a fanny's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.