Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave are you pissed?

Not quite!

Seriously, he was very good at Ipswich, was injured for the most part at Sunderland, and now he's getting it together again. He was an expensive flop for most, but tHe devil is in the detail on him. Di Canio doesn't appear to want him, so why not test him with some cash?

Why on earth would you put Barkley out on the right?

If Suarez can play lone striker for the ****e, then Mirallass IMO should be able to if nessesary.

He is not playing wide right. The width would come from Coleman. I have put felliani in the middle as he offers more of a goal threat. Sadly this is all hypothetical as it looks like felliani will be off anyway. If that is the case I would put Barkley in fellianis position and delboy on the right of a 3 man midfield.

Not quite!

Seriously, he was very good at Ipswich, was injured for the most part at Sunderland, and now he's getting it together again. He was an expensive flop for most, but tHe devil is in the detail on him. Di Canio doesn't appear to want him, so why not test him with some cash?

We could throw in a cheeky bid of 2 million for Sessegnon as well, can't see him lasting long with ultra strict Paulo.

I’m sorry I think I’ve mis-understood the original post. I thought you were looking at a way to raise money to bring in a striker.

Selling Fellaini for £30m only works if someone offers £30m. I’d much rather keep him as well, as I stated.

If he stays where does the striker money come from? For me selling 4 players who barely even played for the first team last season, for approx £1.25m each shouldn’t have too much of an effect on the side. Fair enough if no one wants them, then you can’t sell them, but that price bracket should open up a whole host of clubs who could afford to be interested in them. We already have Stones to replace Heitinga and Deulofeu to replace Naismith. Oviedo and Gueye barely played at all last season and surely Barkley is an addition to the side from last term anyway to take up that slack. I honestly don’t think we’d miss them. It doesn’t generate loads of money but it should be enough to make some movement in the market that could strengthen the first team without weakening the squad.

None of those players are really good enough for Everton. Our squad should be made up of first team players who are out of favour or youngsters coming through who have the opportunity to improve. I don’t think any of those players fall in to either category.

Like we agreed though, I’d go for Lukaku/Ba on loan.

Heitinga, Naismith and Oviedo made appearances last season. The fact that they weren't used much is due to Moyes' poor use of the squad at his disposal (Oviedo for instance should have been used to rest Baines every so often, and as an alternative when Pienaar was off-form) - even then, many complained that Naismith and Hetinga were used too often! Equally, if these players aren't good enough to even be on the bench for us I think we will struggle to get anyone else to buy them. Heitinga is a case in point - transfer fee aside, we haven't found a team anywhere willing to take on his wages.

I think we're looking at this from two different perspectives though - I don't believe raising money to by a striker is MORE important than increasing the size of the squad and the quality within it, so I wouldn't swap four players for one. If Felli doesn't sell then he doesn't sell, but I would not strip the squad to the bone as some sort of plan B.

I honestly believe that Kenwright has set himself a deadline; if by that deadline an good offer comes in for Felli, then Kenwright will sell. If it doesn't I think he'll use some funds from the tv money, untouched so far, to bolster the squad. What he won't do is spend the tv money BEFORE the Felli issue is resolved. I have no evidence to support this belief, perhaps it's more hope than belief.

My concerns with a small striker like Defoe or Hernandez is that they could get bullied by defenders, it rules out the option of us throwing crosses into the box and we don't really have a midfielder capable of playing them in along the ground.

Soldado seems to have a bit of everything. Negredo would probably have been ideal too. Maybe we need to scout Spain for a striker?

Lukaku has had 40 mins so far this season and was an unused sub against United. Would Chelsea loan him out again if they had Eto'o, Torres and Willian ahead of him?

We need a new striker. Big time.

But there is absolutely no point in buying strikers for £5m who will never be the quality we need. The board needs to get some ambition and splash on a top striker - it's a massive shame we missed out on Bony and the likes of Osvaldo but I'm sure Martinez knows who's about.

What about John Guidetti? Not a chance he'll get first team football at City. Oh, and he's got the same agent as Robles so Martinez has history of going there.

What about John Guidetti? Not a chance he'll get first team football at City. Oh, and he's got the same agent as Robles so Martinez has history of going there.

Ive mentioned him a fair few times over the past few months, think mentioned him in Jan also, a lot depends on his fitness after that viral infection he had last year, could be a case of they want to keep him in the squad get him fit again etc before they decide to loan/play him

So Eto'o signed for Chelsea. Lukaku had a very good preseason and hasnt had a look in. Think about £15m or so could get him and id happily give them it if we sold Fellaini, few bob left for a CM and loans.

So Eto'o signed for Chelsea. Lukaku had a very good preseason and hasnt had a look in. Think about £15m or so could get him and id happily give them it if we sold Fellaini, few bob left for a CM and loans.

We desperately need a striker, that should be a top priority, even above a CM. We have such an attacking midfield that with a quality striker we could lethal

Status
Not open for further replies.