Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hypothetical and it would never happen so guess a bit pointless, but would anyone take torres on loan with the lump of his wages payed for by chelsea?

No, hes another confidence player. He will just carry on blowing chances like Jelavic done all last season.

No, hes another confidence player. He will just carry on blowing chances like Jelavic done all last season.

Good answer tbh mate, I just dont see Lukkaku leaving again on loan this year, i dont personally rate Ba so was kinda thinking who else they had we could rob off them for a year lol

thought Rhodes down at Blackburn might be an answer,but as posted before ,it's surprising how little interest there is from the premiership.I guess the scouts know their job.With James Vaughan banging in goals at Huddersfield,we know he was never going to make the grade in our team ,Perhaps the championship isn't the place if we are in the market.
I do think Jelavic will come good for us,and Kone just needs game time I'm hoping.

thought Rhodes down at Blackburn might be an answer,but as posted before ,it's surprising how little interest there is from the premiership.I guess the scouts know their job.With James Vaughan banging in goals at Huddersfield,we know he was never going to make the grade in our team ,Perhaps the championship isn't the place if we are in the market.
I do think Jelavic will come good for us,and Kone just needs game time I'm hoping.

I was always a big fan of Vaughan. He was so unlucky with injuries - many caused by him being overly brave and committed. I think he will find his way back to the Premiership at some point.

Agreed on Kone. Not an ideal start for the lad unfortunately but he deserves patience. The knives seem to be out for him already on some other forums I have scanned this morning.

Sell Fellaini and Baines and get the following to replace and bump up the squad

Lee Cattermole - 2.5 million
Stephen Ward - 1.0 million
DJ Campbell - 1.0 million
David Nugent - 1.5 million
Jason Koumas - 0.5 million
Titus Bramble - 1.5 million

WHATS OUR NAME?

It's his lack of pace that puts Prem clubs off I think. He's not slow exactly, but not rapid.

Personally I'd love Rhodes at Everton. If we could get him for £10m ish it'd be a steal.

Could we not get Defoe on the cheap? I can't see him getting much game time at Spurs and he'll want to give himself the best chance to get in the World Cup squad.

Could we not get Defoe on the cheap? I can't see him getting much game time at Spurs and he'll want to give himself the best chance to get in the World Cup squad.

Very much so. Although I think he's too laandaaarn centric he wouldn't want to move up north

But it should be someone to look at. £5-8mill tops.

You don't buy anyone off Levy on the cheap I'm afraid. That guy is a good chairman.

What makes you think we’d get £30m for Fellaini? Didn’t Utd bid less than that for him and Baines! I think we have to accept that Fellaini may not generate the mass of funds we had hoped. I’d rather we kept Fellaini until after the World Cup, his valuation is unlikely to go down and if he has a good tournament it could finally go up. I doubt his performances would dip too much with him not getting the move he wanted because he needs to be in top form to start for Belgium given they have a pretty competitive midfield.

I’d rather we sold Oviedo, Naismith, Heitinga, Gueye even if it has to be on the cheap just to free up money to get a striker in. You could get maybe £5m for the lot of them and save yourself about £120k per week in the process. None of those 4 are good enough to stay at Everton long term anyway.

To be honest in terms of a striker if Lukaku isn’t going to play at Chelsea and they sign Eto, I’d try and get him in on loan, or even Ba if they won’t let Lukaku move. Chelsea are unlikely to keep Eto, Ba, Torres and Lukaku on the wage bill when they really only play with 1 striker anyway.

It's simple: there is no reason on earth we should consent to selling him on the cheap. We don't HAVE to sell him - he's got three years left on his contract. Therefore we should be taking a strong position with United, like Spurs have with Madrid, and set a big price. It's got nothing to do with whether his talent matches up with a given figure, it's all about us getting something we want in return for Felli - I think we want the best part of £40m far more than we want £2om. If they don't want to pay the price we specify, fine - we'll keep him. Many on here seem to be convinced that we have no choice and we HAVE to let him leave for whatever pi$$-awful lowball bid is offered. I'm pretty sure we have improved our financial position by seeing Mucha, Hitz, Neville and Moyes depart and replacing them with players and a manager on lower wages, and we've not spent much on transfer fees in the process.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, selling four fringe players to raise less than £10m and free up maybe £150k a week in wages is not very clever. We would lose the existing cover we have for injuries in return for an insufficient transfer fund. Staying as we are would be better; selling Felli for £30m+ would also be better. And you're ignoring completely the possibility that no-one wants the players you want to sell.

You're right about Lukaku /Ba though.

Does anyone think like me we should give miralles a go up front. Looking at how more effective Felliani is for us when pushed further forward, if he is still here I would be tempted to play him further forward against Cardiff. I would personally go for Gibson (if fit) and heitinga in front of the back 4. A three of Barkley, Felliani and piennar behind miralles.

------------Gibson----------heitinga----------

Barkley-----------Felliani----------piennar---

-------------------miralles---------------------

Sell Fellaini and Baines and get the following to replace and bump up the squad

Lee Cattermole - 2.5 million
Stephen Ward - 1.0 million
DJ Campbell - 1.0 million
David Nugent - 1.5 million
Jason Koumas - 0.5 million
Titus Bramble - 1.5 million

WHATS OUR NAME?

Stoke?

It's simple: there is no reason on earth we should consent to selling him on the cheap. We don't HAVE to sell him - he's got three years left on his contract. Therefore we should be taking a strong position with United, like Spurs have with Madrid, and set a big price. It's got nothing to do with whether his talent matches up with a given figure, it's all about us getting something we want in return for Felli - I think we want the best part of £40m far more than we want £2om. If they don't want to pay the price we specify, fine - we'll keep him. Many on here seem to be convinced that we have no choice and we HAVE to let him leave for whatever pi$$-awful lowball bid is offered. I'm pretty sure we have improved our financial position by seeing Mucha, Hitz, Neville and Moyes depart and replacing them with players and a manager on lower wages, and we've not spent much on transfer fees in the process.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, selling four fringe players to raise less than £10m and free up maybe £150k a week in wages is not very clever. We would lose the existing cover we have for injuries in return for an insufficient transfer fund. Staying as we are would be better; selling Felli for £30m+ would also be better. And you're ignoring completely the possibility that no-one wants the players you want to sell.

You're right about Lukaku /Ba though.

I’m sorry I think I’ve mis-understood the original post. I thought you were looking at a way to raise money to bring in a striker.

Selling Fellaini for £30m only works if someone offers £30m. I’d much rather keep him as well, as I stated.

If he stays where does the striker money come from? For me selling 4 players who barely even played for the first team last season, for approx £1.25m each shouldn’t have too much of an effect on the side. Fair enough if no one wants them, then you can’t sell them, but that price bracket should open up a whole host of clubs who could afford to be interested in them. We already have Stones to replace Heitinga and Deulofeu to replace Naismith. Oviedo and Gueye barely played at all last season and surely Barkley is an addition to the side from last term anyway to take up that slack. I honestly don’t think we’d miss them. It doesn’t generate loads of money but it should be enough to make some movement in the market that could strengthen the first team without weakening the squad.

None of those players are really good enough for Everton. Our squad should be made up of first team players who are out of favour or youngsters coming through who have the opportunity to improve. I don’t think any of those players fall in to either category.

Like we agreed though, I’d go for Lukaku/Ba on loan.

Chelsea have said Ba will not leave on loan, he is available for £12mill though and there is no way i'd pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.