Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love us to sign a Kevin Phillips type striker...obvs not a 37 year old but a player similar to what kev was.... A poacher..a pain in the arse.....but one who knew where the goal was

I'd love to see Jelavic back, but, even as a big fan of his.. It's just not what it was.
Is it a slotter or a number 9 we need ( you know what I mean )

I bet he loved every day mate..
Made up when he scored I was..

Oh, no doubt...nothing at all against him. Just seemed a very odd thing, almost like he won a competition...heh. Gave it his all though. He'll be one of those that gets thrown out in conversation 20 years down the road and everyone will laugh and smile, in a good way. We've had a lot more signings with supposed rep that won't have the same reaction.

I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest now. Kone was a horrible mistake, not a malicious one but just wrong. We haven't had a proper number nine for nearly a decade - big Dunc and super Kev being the best in that time. That is why we are ****. We are, we are just very loyal. The teams that win things buy strikers, not Nancy boy wingers or diminutive centre midfielders or foreign kids who rot in reserves.. Look at the five teams better than us - city, Chelsea. Utd, arsenal spurs and even that lot.. All the talk is of goal scorers.. Bale, Rooney, rvp Suarez, ... That's the difference... You win games by scoring goals.. We have forgotten what made us great through history.. Dixie, cannonball, royle, latch, sharpie, lineker, gray... Sure the trinity was class but goals are goals and win trophies. We need to do this now or honestly, were villa, Newcastle or west ham for ever.. Loyal, but ****.

I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest now. Kone was a horrible mistake, not a malicious one but just wrong. We haven't had a proper number nine for nearly a decade - big Dunc and super Kev being the best in that time. That is why we are ****. We are, we are just very loyal. The teams that win things buy strikers, not Nancy boy wingers or diminutive centre midfielders or foreign kids who rot in reserves.. Look at the five teams better than us - city, Chelsea. Utd, arsenal spurs and even that lot.. All the talk is of goal scorers.. Bale, Rooney, rvp Suarez, ... That's the difference... You win games by scoring goals.. We have forgotten what made us great through history.. Dixie, cannonball, royle, latch, sharpie, lineker, gray... Sure the trinity was class but goals are goals and win trophies. We need to do this now or honestly, were villa, Newcastle or west ham for ever.. Loyal, but ****.

So goals are good then? Interesting. I'll tell Roberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.