Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone was clumsy at best tonight. 2 misses almost from within the goal. Great, we have Kone that can pass and take a defender on but not shoot on the goal. Then we have Jela that can shoot but not take on defenders. Then we have Anichebe and he can do neither.
I would really like us to sign Alfred Finnbogason, he´s a natural striker. I don´t think Celtic would have the upper hand if we went for him, I mean who wants to play for Celtic? :p
*sigh*

Why not put in a serious bid for the likes of ba?
Even if it means selling fellaini.if it was only to rub that fcukers sour puss's nose in it I would be happy..

We NEED a Striker..so so bad

Why not put in a serious bid for the likes of ba?
Even if it means selling fellaini.if it was only to rub that fcukers sour puss's nose in it I would be happy..

We NEED a Striker..so so bad

He's supposed to be heading back to Newcastle on loan. He'd probably score goals for us but would he fit in with Martinez's passing style?

I don't think we need a striker; I think we need to learn how to pass a ball through a defence instead of poncing it around 20 yards out.

I've gave Kone criticism tonight but he had no opportunity to run off a shoulder from a direct counter attack, or spin away with a clever chipped through ball etc.

We have an instinctive poacher in Jelavic and a pacey frontman in Kone, both of whom have scored goals in this division. It's up to the midfield to get used to the system and play them in.

Osman is a passenger every minute of every game at the moment, whilst Barkley is still learning the creative side of his game in advanced areas - he's a driving force in possession at the moment. We need Gibson back desperately and a midfielder who can water carry to propel us forward quicker.

I'm still backing Jelavic to net 15 or so this year. He's made for this system under Martinez.

I don't think we need a striker; I think we need to learn how to pass a ball through a defence instead of poncing it around 20 yards out.

I've gave Kone criticism tonight but he had no opportunity to run off a shoulder from a direct counter attack, or spin away with a clever chipped through ball etc.

We have an instinctive poacher in Jelavic and a pacey frontman in Kone, both of whom have scored goals in this division. It's up to the midfield to get used to the system and play them in.

Osman is a passenger every minute of every game at the moment, whilst Barkley is still learning the creative side of his game in advanced areas - he's a driving force in possession at the moment. We need Gibson back desperately and a midfielder who can water carry to propel us forward quicker.

I'm still backing Jelavic to net 15 or so this year. He's made for this system under Martinez.

He missed from two yards out, missed a one on one and put one miles over the bar from 15 yards away. What else does he want?

Wish I shared your optimism. Would snap someone's hand off if they offered one of the three hitting double figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.