Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adebayor on loan would be some great business. He's a quality player and one thing for sure is that our manager gets the best out of quality players. He'd give us great size, strength and link up in the final third. Get it done.

He was terribly unimpressive last season for Spurs ...but I don't really know much about him so will shut up now

Berbatov's a decent shout as he'd come very cheap and has undoubted quality. Think he gets more flack than he should because of his style, and i can imagine that playing a lone furrow upfront for Fulham every week doesn't exactly get the juices flowing

Berbatov's a decent shout as he'd come very cheap and has undoubted quality. Think he gets more flack than he should because of his style, and i can imagine that playing a lone furrow upfront for Fulham every week doesn't exactly get the juices flowing

Hahahaha. No thanks. Lazy

Hahahaha. No thanks. Lazy

This argument is lazy. Straq was a workhorse but lacked quality. Yakubu, Cantona, Le Tissier and Berbatov are languid footballers who can turn a game with a moment of magic. If we did get Berbatov I imagine his role would be to stand in for Lukaku and/or Barkley and to come off the bench to try and change the game. We don't want somebody chasing down the fullbacks. We want someone with skill, imagination and vision who comes cheaply.

Too old surely, how many years would he give us? a big no for me.

He wouldn't be first choice. He'll be 33 in January but he's not reliant on pace. Sheringham left United aged 35 and played another couple of years at Spurs. If we're going to have three or four strikers Lukaku, Berbatov, Kone and Jelavic/Vellios/A.N.Other isn't a bad mix of styles.

Berbatov is a very good goal scorer. At the right price I believe he would make a good addition to the squad. Anyway, we will all get to have a good look at him in just 3 days time. Maybe we should save comment until then

You see, you've fallen for the myth Sozzled. Truth is that i saw stats a season or so ago which showed he was above average for a striker in the number of yards he runs per game. He may be a tad tempremental, have a deceivingly languid style, but he's not lazy

Best strike rates in Europe (selected):

1. Mitroglou (Olympiacos) Age 25, 14 goals in 10 matches
2. Suarez (Liverpool) Age 26, 14 in 10
3. Lascak (Rosport) Age 19, 17 in 13
4. Ronaldo (Madrid) Age 28, 17 in 14
5. Kolyaev (Levadia II) Age 24, 24 in 20
6. Luvannor (Sheriff) Age 23 *Defender* 18 in 15
11. Montero (Sporting) Age 26, 13 in 12
13. Finnbogason (Heerenveen) Age 24, 14 in 13
23. Costa (Athletico Madrid) Age 25, 15 in 15

Maybe worth asking Mirallas for his opinion on Mitroglou? He has three goals and an assist in five CL games and his international record is 8 in 28. Transfermarkt (not the most reliable source) rate him at £6.3m and claim that Liverpool have been interested.

Fredy Montero is on loan at Sporting from Seattle Sounders, so there might be an opportunity to nip in for him.

Finnbogason might be an option but it seems like Costa declined to join Liverpool even though they met his 25m euro release clause and he's doing very well in La Liga.

I would love Miroglou but he wouldn't be okay with being a rotation player, whereas Finnbogason would, I say we should go for Finnbogason

Status
Not open for further replies.