Stick or twist for Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be changes, can see Osman being a regular in europe which won't go down well on here.

Put in a decent performance today, not even arsed. Happy to see our entire squad used across all competitions.

No individual in our squad (right down to McAleny and Browning) is a liability in and of themself. The worry will be changing too many at once and losing our structure entirely.

I think he'll start a strong side, he'll want to win this one, first game in Europe for a few seasons goodison will be pumped right up, important to get a win first game, it takes the pressure off in the other games, Wolfsburg are a good side that we can't take lightly so same team as today with maybe 1-2 changes (etoo-lukaku, besic-Barry)

Howard

Coleman
Stones
Distin
Baines

Gibson
Besic
McCarthy

Mirallas
Lukaku
Atsu

And I think that might even be our best team.

Although Eto'o might play instead of Lukaku.

We should field a strong team for sure, but a few players will be moved around. Probably Besic, Eto'o and Atsu in I think. Gibson hasn't played in an absolute age so I can't see his first action back being a start.

I think that Lukaku might play v palace only,with eto playing the other 2 games,or lukaku playing 1st 2 games,with eto for swansea game myself

I'd stick myself. Massive game for our Europa run and a must win. If we mess that up it becomes very hard.

Only thing you could do is bring Besic in for McGeady and switch formation to 4-3-3.

My team would be:
Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Naismith McGeady
Lukaku

Not to be the ultimately fickle footy fan or anything, and start getting over excited when we win one game. But, it's great to see how positive Roberto was when asked about 7 games in three weeks. It's something that he really wants, and for that reason I think we'll stick with our strongest team. Not to forget, with the exception of Ross/ Gibson/ Kone/ Oviedo, we have plenty of back up which I'm sure we'll see in some Premier League matches too. Genuinely think we'll take every competition seriously this year, and can't see us putting out sides like Moyes did against Bate Borisov a few years back, and Leeds away in the Carling Cup the other year.

If we don't play 3 in midfield they will absolutely boss possession like the European teams did to us in preseason.

In fact it's going to be really interesting how both the RS and us do in Europe this year given neither has much "team" experience.

Wolfsberg will be a tough game - will we have enough to do them with one or two positions rotated?

Fkn right we will

Status
Not open for further replies.