Stick or twist for Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
Firstly got to say I'm absolutely made up with that win, just a shame my offer for a ticket fell through late last night.

Now just thought I'd ask the question whether we think Martinez will ring the changes for Thursday, or keep it the same with us winning?

I think we'll see Gibson, Osman and Eto'o starting definitely.

It's a crunch game, so hopefully he'll be smart enough not to play Joel

I think he will start with what he considers he strongest team, which barring injuries will be todays starters. Distin back in if fit.

Gibbo
Ossie
Atsu
Kone off the bench
Hmmmm. As much as I'd like to see Kone contribute something in a blue shirt, I think expecting him to do anything useful before Christmas is extremely optimistic.

We need to up our game for Thursday still imo
Is right.

Will be changes, can see Osman being a regular in europe which won't go down well on here.
Osman would thrive in slower-paced games where his lack of speed and physicality would be less of an issue. I'd have no objection with him starting as our #10 on Thursday and Naismith coming off the bench to replace him or Lukaku.

Looking at our depth we have some options, but not many. Although Jags was better today, it can't be ignored that WBA are not a massive threat going forward, AND Barry had a much better game. So Distin should come in for Jags and play alongside Stones, and Gibson should start alongside Barry. Jags, Besic and McCarthy on the bench is a decent set of replacements - rotation needs to become part of our strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.