Show of anger to the players

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's face it, all they want is big crowds, of us, to sell to tv...for their new ground...would any of walk out?

In all seriousness, I think what's happened today is:

- Chalked it up as a defeat when the draw was made
- Seen their XI and fancied it
- Come out and easily got at them
- Gone it at half time thinking it's in the bag
- Trotted out for the 2nd half complacently and been done for effort and desire

There's been a shocking attitude throughout this team for a hell of a long time.

Struggling to express with words just how ashamed I feel over their (seemingly) total lack of any fight when we're in tough game. Utterly spineless ALL THE TIME.

There's been a shocking attitude throughout this team for a hell of a long time.

Struggling to express with words just how ashamed I feel over their (seemingly) total lack of any fight when we're in tough game. Utterly spineless ALL THE TIME.

This

Unbelievably, I'd say that's exactly how it looked and your spot on.

The lack of quality backup in the squad has cost us today in addition to an awful attitude to the game. Some of the players in the 2nd half when the adrenaline was gone, were motionless. Only sympathetic view I’m giving the team today. Still doesn’t excuse missing the chances, awful passing and lack of touch. It may explain lack of physicality.

Who's ready for the booathon against Brighton when we go a goal down. Welcome to the blues Carlo, you're going to hate it.

Maybe let them run out to silence, the whole ground just standing in silence while they read their names for us all to cheer them, lets face it they dont deserve to be cheered & idolised.
That said i don't mind displeasure being voiced either. If loads went to Finch Farm then the kopite gestapo from today would be straight down to do what they all looked like they wanted to do this afternoon.

The lack of quality backup in the squad has cost us today in addition to an awful attitude to the game. Some of the players in the 2nd half when the adrenaline was gone, were motionless. Only sympathetic view I’m giving the team today. Still doesn’t excuse missing the chances, awful passing and lack of touch. It may explain lack of physicality.

should have had it won by half time.

lack of energy, probably due to the hectic Xmas schedule, was evident in the 2nd half. Feels like an excuse but it’s potentially a reason for 2nd half. No energy whatsoever.

on reflection should have rotated heavily against City. Took the defeat and probably be better physically 2nd half today

should have had it won by half time.

lack of energy, probably due to the hectic Xmas schedule, was evident in the 2nd half. Feels like an excuse but it’s potentially a reason for 2nd half. No energy whatsoever.

on reflection should have rotated heavily against City. Took the defeat and probably be better physically 2nd half today

Let's not kid ourselves. They had chances and looked threatening in the first half as well. Even if we took the lead today I'm not convinced we'd have held onto win. Tiredness is no excuse in a Merseyside Derby. The team was also rotated enough between Burnley and Newcaslte for them to be able to manage to run around today.

Status
Not open for further replies.