Show of anger to the players

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they've got any spine at all, the players should be at it today... The only thing that will help will be a good crowd.

Whilst feelings of anger, and indeed downright loathing, towards some of the players is understandable... if we’re Everton supporters then we support the club, the team and less so individuals.

We all have and are entitled through free speech to different opinions on just about anything and everything but come 3pm this afternoon, won’t we all be wanting one basic thing... an Everton win?

Whilst feelings of anger, and indeed downright loathing, towards some of the players is understandable... if we’re Everton supporters then we support the club, the team and less so individuals.

We all have and are entitled through free speech to different opinions on just about anything and everything but come 3pm this afternoon, won’t we all be wanting one basic thing... an Everton win?
Spot on that Andy, we as a society can no longer cope with extended emotional journeys. If we win a few games we are challenging for the top 4, lose a few and we are getting relegated and all associated with the club should be sacked. It must be extremely wearing on the mind being like that. We got turned over in a game, thta game was against the RS second string. It hurt, it hurt a lot, but if we allow that to flavour what’s left of the season, then it shows how little we have become, where defeat to our most bitter rivals carries such significance.
they beat us, they will win the league and possibly the CL again. Stop caring, you are loading their guns!

Exactly Andy. I'm not suggesting all is for forgive - far from it - and the players must help rebuild the currently fragile relationship, which a win will certainly do.

An inspiring, committed performance will probably help even more, but booing and shouting from the offset like some suggest won't help that at all.

While it will be difficult, I suspect some of the players will be going into today's game with trepidation, although some may not, so perhaps we need to help them.

Spot on that Andy, we as a society can no longer cope with extended emotional journeys. If we win a few games we are challenging for the top 4, lose a few and we are getting relegated and all associated with the club should be sacked. It must be extremely wearing on the mind being like that. We got turned over in a game, thta game was against the RS second string. It hurt, it hurt a lot, but if we allow that to flavour what’s left of the season, then it shows how little we have become, where defeat to our most bitter rivals carries such significance.
they beat us, they will win the league and possibly the CL again. Stop caring, you are loading their guns!

The loss showed a mental fragility and attitude issue that is precisely the reason why it's hard to get behind this team. They're prone to capitulation at any point; like after last season's derby. Anger is a perfectly justifiable response. The players need toughening up or we need new players.

The loss showed a mental fragility and attitude issue that is precisely the reason why it's hard to get behind this team. They're prone to capitulation at any point; like after last season's derby. Anger is a perfectly justifiable response. The players need toughening up or we need new players.
Anger is a perfectly justifiable response I agree, the hysteria being whipped up by some is not! I am always angry when we lack effort, I have always said it is the bare minimum we are entitled to. However, going into a spell of games that could move us right up the table with an agenda of boing and snarling at them all is utterly counter productive and will make those who are cowards shrink further into their shells. We cannot have a clear out, so we have to put up with what we have. Goodison‘s atmosphere is bad enough without turning it into a place all our players are terrified of.

I'd only just forgotten about that. It was obvious we were turning to horrid form after that Picko clanger though. We will never win a derby with him on goal following that calamity.

Yes. And as our manager has requested, he wants the backing of the supporters. To me, he is the most important person at the club now. Lets do as he requests!

Totally agree Andy, never been into booing the team I love, even during the 70,s individual players were being targeted and as a young lad I I just couldn't get my head around the mentality of getting on the backs of your players from the off, it just creates a vicious circle and I find it embarrassing.

I appreciate we're all different but Carlo will be under no illusions as to the job ahead of him, the clearout has begun and we've got to give the new regime room to breath before venting once again (Though I obviously hope we improve out of sight in order to prevent that)

A mentally strong, determined squad might react positively to a show of fan dissatisfaction - eager to prove us wrong and show us just how good they can be.

The problem is, our squad appear to have the mental strength of 1/2 ply toilet paper and any show of anger towards them will tear right through them like an over-eager digit.

A predictable loss follows while they get paid funny money but it's us, the fans, that end up with the smelly finger (and another weekend ruined).

Status
Not open for further replies.