2023/24 Sean Dyche

Sure, you keep bringing the misery to Goodison that will help. And in you unprovable hypothetical ‘any manger would have us in the champions league and any other manager would win the league this year.

I think the point is, the criticism doesn’t match the reality of our situation. Hence it makes us as club look like absolute muppets. Just as much as the board does.
Yes, because it's a well known fact that people pointing out a manager isn't very good on a random internet forum directly impacts results on the pitch, doesn't it. Perhaps if we stopped talking about global warming the ice caps might stop melting too??

Plus I don't recall saying any other manager would be taking us to champions leagues or league titles - in fact, in the year or so I've been reading this forum I can't recall 1 single person saying such a thing, but perhaps you can show us where people have made such claims if you're going to make such claims.

And the criticism absolutely does match the reality of our situation. 23% win ratio. 22 points from 22 games. 37 goals conceded in 22 games. 1 point taken from 12 this season. First manager in our history to lose first three games with no goals scored. How would you like to dress that up?

Well fair enough. Quick change the manager again, as that strategy has been successful!!!
Just saying he wasn't totally blameless for the lack of fire power.

Also, if you're going to appoint crap managers all the time, you can expect them to only last 12 to 18 months.
The only manager not sacked since Moyes left was Ancelotti and, unsurprisingly, he's been the only decent manager since Moyes left.
(honorable shout out to Silva who had us playing well and got shafted with no replacement for Gana)

I think there are a bunch of better managers out there and I'd have no problem seeing what a decent manager could get out of this team.

I also think Thelwell is doing quite a good job given the circumstances.
The fact that he is, should mean that changing manager is not as big a deal as it used to be.
Also, let him pick the bloody boss. I doubt he hired Dyche (or wanted Bielsa).

Yes, because it's a well known fact that people pointing out a manager isn't very good on a random internet forum directly impacts results on the pitch, doesn't it. Perhaps if we stopped talking about global warming the ice caps might stop melting too??

Plus I don't recall saying any other manager would be taking us to champions leagues or league titles - in fact, in the year or so I've been reading this forum I can't recall 1 single person saying such a thing, but perhaps you can show us where people have made such claims if you're going to make such claims.

And the criticism absolutely does match the reality of our situation. 23% win ratio. 22 points from 22 games. 37 goals conceded in 22 games. 1 point taken from 12 this season. First manager in our history to lose first three games with no goals scored. How would you like to dress that up?

😂 used your idea of using patronising hypotheticals and you got your knickers in a twist 😂😂.

If you don’t see the general negativity by fans that is perpetuated by things like internet forums, then I can not help you. Those who are the most negative, shout the loudest and others follow.

If you think it takes one summer to rid us of the mistakes of the past years, then go you. Remember barely anyone independent gave us a chance of survival last year and we hardly have people saying we are going to survive this year. Due to the terrible state of the club, non of which are his making.

Ps we have missed 11 big chances this season, so my idea of a striker playing and a win has some validity to it. But sure you ignore the reality

Last edited:
Just saying he wasn't totally blameless for the lack of fire power.

Also, if you're going to appoint crap managers all the time, you can expect them to only last 12 to 18 months.
The only manager not sacked since Moyes left was Ancelotti and, unsurprisingly, he's been the only decent manager since Moyes left.
(honorable shout out to Silva who had us playing well and got shafted with no replacement for Gana)

I think there are a bunch of better managers out there and I'd have no problem seeing what a decent manager could get out of this team.

I also think Thelwell is doing quite a good job given the circumstances.
The fact that he is, should mean that changing manager is not as big a deal as it used to be.
Also, let him pick the bloody boss. I doubt he hired Dyche (or wanted Bielsa).
I think the point that is missing,
These better managers, just ain’t going to come to Everton. Also it is and has been extremely difficult to get a tune out of most these players, in part due to their lack of quality.

Sadly the reality is for our squad of players and financial restrictions, he is one of the better managers for the job.

Now you can argue that’s the bigger shambles that is the case.

😂 used your idea of using patronising hypotheticals and you got your knickers in a twist 😂😂.

If you don’t see the general negativity by fans that is perpetuated by things like internet forums, then I can not help you. Those who are the most negative, shout the loudest and others follow.

If you think it takes one summer to rid us of the mistakes of the past years, then go you. Remember barely anyone independent gave us a chance of survival last year and we hardly have people saying we are going to survive this year. Due to the terrible state of the club, non of which are his making.
I haven't got anything in a twist as it happens, but I assume that's your way of saying "I made it up that people think other managers would have us winning the league" just like "I made it up that we'd be in 13th if only this that and the other happened".

You say 'negativity' I say realism. What exactly are the positives of being 1 point off bottom of the Prem, having 1 point from 12 and a manager that currently has a lower win rate than Rafael?

Again, I never mentioned anything about 'one summer' to fix this club - if you're going to contribute to a discussion forum you really should stick to things people ACTUALLY say rather than whatever it is you seem to think you're hearing.

I could not care less what the "independents" or "experts" say about our survival chances, no self-respecting person gives these soundbite-seeking talking heads the time of day. I'm interested in performances and results on the pitch, and they are bad - but hey, welcome to the forum Sean. If you could drop the phrase "before I got here" into your next presser to let us know it's really you, that would be just swell! 👍

I haven't got anything in a twist as it happens, but I assume that's your way of saying "I made it up that people think other managers would have us winning the league" just like "I made it up that we'd be in 13th if only this that and the other happened".

You say 'negativity' I say realism. What exactly are the positives of being 1 point off bottom of the Prem, having 1 point from 12 and a manager that currently has a lower win rate than Rafael?

Again, I never mentioned anything about 'one summer' to fix this club - if you're going to contribute to a discussion forum you really should stick to things people ACTUALLY say rather than whatever it is you seem to think you're hearing.

I could not care less what the "independents" or "experts" say about our survival chances, no self-respecting person gives these soundbite-seeking talking heads the time of day. I'm interested in performances and results on the pitch, and they are bad - but hey, welcome to the forum Sean. If you could drop the phrase "before I got here" into your next presser to let us know it's really you, that would be just swell! 👍
You really have got your panties in a twist,
read your reaction to having hypotheticals thrown at you. You still think I was being serious about winning the league comment. Just using you stupid it’s hypothetical idea 😂.

Also I love your ‘I don’t care what others think.’ Maybe read what they say, as unlike your good self they don’t harbour the same biased views and can look at our situation without the emotion.

But ultimately chill it’s just football, a bag of wind , get behind the team and help generate an atmosphere that makes Goodison a ground to be feared. Instead of being the typical boo boy, who ‘knows better’ but really doesn’t

Last edited:
You really have got your panties in a twist,
read your reaction
I'm as calm as a Hindu cow, Sean. It matters not one jot to me what the people who control this football club do or don't. Doesn't affect my life if you are the manager is or not. You're the only claiming "we'd be 13th" and "criticism is unfair" and "he's one of the better managers for the job".

I really don't think the facts support these claims of yours, but hey - keep deflecting champ. With a bit of luck, no one will notice or ask you to back up your statements with evidence.

Well for certain, we need some actual work done in the field that is not aggrandizing odorous excrement about how our performances or the manager have been swell. And this cannot be set aside. We just need to be higher up the table through whatever means possible. We just need to get it done with the hand we have been dealt with.

Footballing stats are simply descriptive tools and that is it. We cannot be selling the idea that having a striker simply changes our expected points into actual ones. Consider the admission of our very own manager, for instance, DCL's presence last season boosts the motivation for goals elsewhere whether or not it is tactically relevant. These are not random individuals who all play random individual games with 11 different balls in completely isolated spaces bereft of external influences, that is not football. The same is true of the opposing team, and the Sheffield game is a testament to this.

Right now, Everton seems like a drunk billiard champion trying to play darts, and we are William Telling this with the club on the line.

I think the point that is missing,
These better managers, just ain’t going to come to Everton. Also it is and has been extremely difficult to get a tune out of most these players, in part due to their lack of quality.

Sadly the reality is for our squad of players and financial restrictions, he is one of the better managers for the job.

Now you can argue that’s the bigger shambles that is the case.
This ‘better managers won’t come to Everton’ is utter bilge and you know it .
Managers will come here for the same reason Dyche did , money along with the prestige and exposure of managing a PL club.
I’m sure we could attract a manager with just one relegation to his name rather than two
That would be a massive step up in quality,

This ‘better managers won’t come to Everton’ is utter bilge and you know it .
Managers will come here for the same reason Dyche did , money along with the prestige and exposure of managing a PL club.
I’m sure we could attract a manager with just one relegation to his name rather than two
That would be a massive step up in quality,

True they were queuing up fight long Dyche for the job. It’s a poison chalice, no money, ffp charges hanging over them, poor squad and a board looking to sell.

Where were these managers in waiting?

I'm as calm as a Hindu cow, Sean. It matters not one jot to me what the people who control this football club do or don't. Doesn't affect my life if you are the manager is or not. You're the only claiming "we'd be 13th" and "criticism is unfair" and "he's one of the better managers for the job".

I really don't think the facts support these claims of yours, but hey - keep deflecting champ. With a bit of luck, no one will notice or ask you to back up your statements with evidence.
I did 13 big chances created and not scored.
A striker would have scored and thus increased our chances of winning. Moving us to 13th. Since we got a striker, Beto, our team went from scoring 0 goals to 4.

Now you call that hypothetical, I call your if we sack him, we get some better hypothetical. Start twisting Sean’s panties!!!!

Ben Mee left on a free mate. Stopped reading after that error.
The point I've made (badly, apols) was Dyche lost key players in that stint at Burnley (some for money). But yeah the way it's written sort of looks like Mee was sold, he wasn't. I meant he was a core player, and they battled on without him rather like we have to do without Coady.

The wider point being his spell at Burnley was Promotion, Relegation, Promotion and a tonne of club revenue in the interim, on a shoestring. I think this was not 'crap' in reference to the post I was replying too.

Context is key, obviously his record with us is not 'stellar'. Having no full backs or CF was tough. But he corrected a relegation level decline (as did Lamps before him).

The final points I put in about squad changes are to point out where he has, and will need reinforcements to do the same this term.