2023/24 Sean Dyche

I don't know if Dyche is the long-term solution but he has got the job done this year so credit to him. We have looked fairly good at times even. Obviously other times we have been absolutely shocking, but the fairly good has had me quite happy.

I also absolutely love Track Suit Dyche and his comments today that the media was wishing and hoping for a Luton win and an Everton loss, he's right, it's all for "the narrative." Jonathan Liew at The Guardian has had to throw another long, meandering, ready-to-be-immediately-overrated piece about the decline of Everton in the Recycle Bin, the soon to be unemployed Matt Hughes is scratching around for a story about if the Premier League find a Time Machine then we can still be relegated etc. Some straightforward talking on the press absolutely creaming themselves at the thought of us going down, I love it.

I want a team that tries. A team that gives one.

Dyche and this lot guarantees that.

Show him some respect.
What happened at Chelsea and what happened for nearly 4 months. Abd if we have a team and manager that tries and gives one, as you say, how come we never win when we concede first ??

Yes but that doesn’t change the tactics and the majority of performances, today wasn’t great as the forest game and Burnley was poor. I’ve said all season this squad should be around 14th, dyche obviously was under performing for months, but has rectified this from a results point of view. At the bottom it’s all about results, but having a style that relies on scoring first or scoring over 50% of your goals from set pieces, is not a long term strategy for success, it’s a toss of a coin most weeks

and what do you suggest?

Last season was incredible as we looked dead and buried before he came in. Got no backing as every other team strengthened. But he got us through it.

Surviving 2 points deductions and all the uncertainty is a great achievement. Doing it with the league’s most wasteful strikers with games to spare and a champions league level clean sheet record is outstanding.

We can judge him against past managers or other managers out there but who has ever had to deal with the nonsense thrown at us this season? I thought we were gone after Chelsea and even then he gets them to bounce back. No feeling sorry for ourselves, just pure blood, sweat and tears.

Who knows where we go from here but I’ll always be grateful to Sean for keeping us in the league (twice).

Leading in games etc isn't the mark of a team that tries.
What about coming back from a goal down, we’re Probably the only team that hasn’t in the whole league in 15 months. And like I asked what about Chelsea and no win in 4 months. I’m not saying they don’t try, but come on that should be a given for professional footballers. Dyche also has the worst winless run in 67yrs and worst defeat in 19yrs, the lowest open play scorers in the league. He’s done well in the circumstances, but let’s not make out he should be getting manager of the year

I’m only saying what I’ve said from day 1 he’s a limited manager, regarding his style and tactics, yes he will probably keep us in the league, but some want more than that
He said the other day 'we have a base now' so for me he needs to show he can evolve the team even just a small bit next season, say a few more passes over the ground instead of the back too Pickford for a hoof up the park and it will make a huge difference. Also ffs let the fullbacks play like fullbacks otherwise don't bother with them in the first place and waste their time.