2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's a very crap manager, his record at Burnley highlights that more than anything.

His record here is also dogmuck.

Yes we have problems with the squad, but a decent manager finds a way to get results.

But as I've said, we have the players needed to get results now, if we can get them on the pitch, we find out if the manager can pick up results.

I'm hoping he can, cos even tho I consider him a bad manager, we could do with not sacking another and starting again.
Getting and keeping Burnley in the prem for as long as he did is not 'crap' (albeit the football was at times). Apologies if that was your point :)

He also shipped a few key players (Mee doing a job at 'high flying Brentford for example) for decent cash during that time. The cash that Prem run generated is a major factor reason they've back in the prem. I believe he was relegated and re-promoted with them in his time, too and didn't/couldn't shuffle the pack which shows he can motivate a team if they buy-in to his 'methods'. [better word required].

I worry about where we've started this term. Gone backwards, and can't work out why, given the urgency of the situation end of last term.
  • I don't know why he let Coady go. The guy brought a goal or too and a strong sense of the 'levels' our players need to give.
  • Didn't play DCL in the three winnable games we had this season, but lost him in the one where on paper I thought we'd be outclassed (villa)
  • Subs a bit weird or lacking at times. I never get the feeling he's sort of canny tactically and able to move a piece or two to change games. Maybe he needs players to do that.
  • I think the Fulham loss hit us big time. We played well. But we didn't take our chances and the sucker punch goal seemed to just put us mentally back into relegation mode.
  • He now has his work cut out to lift us from that (again, which he did last year).

I think he WILL do that with Beto fit, Danjuma fit and DCL making it off the bench 15 times or more.

But Young/Coleman not getting younger, Myko hasn't 'flourished' (fair enough), Patterson developing but not the finished article. Weirdly for a guy that builds solid teams I think we've gone backwards without Coady, but keeping Keane. Hopefully Branthwaite comes good and Garner improves. Mina hardly ever fit, shame.

For anyone who thinks better football keeps us up [and they might well be right] we should go for Potter or a better mgt scout. Why do the likes of De Zerbi feel Brighton is a better bet?

Last edited:
I think we all remember that Burnleys football stunk the place out.
What baffles me is the obscene wages, contract durations, and payouts we allow these managers, (who lets be honest should have just been happy to get to manage a premier league team).
What was dyches contract duration? He should have been on 18 month contract, average wages with a small bonus for keeping team in premiership.
Getting rid of him at this time ought not have been something that cost more than a mill or two.

Getting and keeping Burnley in the prem for as long as he did is not 'crap' (albeit the football was at times). Apologies if that was your point :)

He also shipped a few key players (Mee doing a job at 'high flying Brentford for example) for decent cash during that time. The cash that Prem run generated is a major factor reason they've back in the prem. I believe he was relegated and re-promoted with them in his time, too and didn't/couldn't shuffle the pack which shows he can motivate a team if they buy-in to his 'methods'. [better word required].

I worry about where we've started this term. Gone backwards, and can't work out why, given the urgency of the situation end of last term.
  • I don't know why he let Coady go. The guy brought a goal or too and a strong sense of the 'levels' our players need to give.
  • Didn't play DCL in the three winnable games we had this season, but lost him in the one where on paper I thought we'd be outclassed (villa)
  • Subs a bit weird or lacking at times. I never get the feeling he's sort of canny tactically and able to move a piece or two to change games. Maybe he needs players to do that.
  • I think the Fulham loss hit us big time. We played well. But we didn't take our chances and the sucker punch goal seemed to just put us mentally back into relegation mode.
  • He now has his work cut out to lift us from that (again, which he did last year).

I think he WILL do that with Beto fit, Danjuma fit and DCL making it off the bench 15 times or more.

But Young/Coleman not getting younger, Myko hasn't 'flourished' (fair enough), Patterson developing but not the finished article. Weirdly for a guy that builds solid teams I think we've gone backwards without Coady, but keeping Keane. Hopefully Branthwaite comes good and Garner improves. Mina hardly ever fit, shame.

For anyone who thinks better football keeps us up [and they might well be right] we should go for Potter or a better mgt scout. Why do the likes of De Zerbi feel Brighton is a better bet?
I have no idea what this post is saying mate.

Maybe its a me problem.

Ben Mee left on a free mate. Stopped reading after that error.

It’s weird, loads of West Ham fans were saying the same about Moyes at the back end of last season, yet he won a trophy in the end. And they are fourth.

We have a manager who has limited resources both on and off the pitch. It’s fair to say we are starting, as a fan base, to look ridiculous criticising every manager. As if, they are the reason we are where we are. We also we boo a forward who goes off with a broken cheek bone and generally berate any player who isn’t world class!!!

Great place to play at the minute, Goodison park. We even booed players we haven’t signed and just supposedly interested in.

Good effort SOME fellow blues!!! Heaven forbid you SUPPORT the club!!

It’s weird, loads of West Ham fans were saying the same about Moyes at the back end of last season, yet he won a trophy in the end. And they are fourth.

We have a manager who has limited resources both on and off the pitch. It’s fair to say we are starting, as a fan base, to look ridiculous criticising every manager. As if, they are the reason we are where we are. We also we boo a forward who goes off with a broken cheek bone and generally berate any player who isn’t world class!!!

Great place to play at the minute, Goodison park. We even booed players we haven’t signed and just supposedly interested in.

Good effort SOME fellow blues!!! Heaven forbid you SUPPORT the club!!
Whilst some of your points are valid, I think criticising a manager with 1 point from 12 is pretty fair.

Its not like people are spray painting DYCHE OUT on Goodison or anything.

Whilst some of your points are valid, I think criticising a manager with 1 point from 12 is pretty fair.

Its not like people are spray painting DYCHE OUT on Goodison or anything.
Again, it’s embarrassing see our fan base react as they do. Had we had a striker for the first games. We would have won one of them and sat in 13th.

The question is, would anyone else done better, possibly but probably not.