2023/24 Sean Dyche

Again, it’s embarrassing see our fan base react as they do. Had we had a striker for the first games. We would have won one of them and sat in 13th.

The question is, would anyone else done better, possibly but probably not.
Woulda! Coulda! Shoulda!…..seems to be the mantra Dyche lives his life by.
His career managerial record of games won , goals scored was poor before he came here.
He relegated Burnley twice and got them into Europe once , the balance of probabilities suggests the latter was the anomaly and the former more indicative of his future performance.
Could anyone else do better?, is an entirely speculative question and how you reply is entirely subjective.
But in my opinion the answer is a resounding yes ! Somebody could have done better in my view, but then Dyche has set the bar very low.

Very grim when our current Manager has done worse than the Spanish waiter did who was sacked for doing so poor.

Benitez

stats-Benitez.jpg

Dyche

stats-Dyche.jpg

We were holding out for a striker. We have a striker and now we are back calling for dele… we are in some sort of doom loop
Anyone calling for Dele Alli because 4 or 5 years ago he was good needs to give their head a wobble. Might as well sign Ravel Morrison because he once nutmegged Pogba and scored a worldie in training.

getting that Burnley team into Europe says otherwise.
If Dyche is a "good manager" because once upon a time he fluked a 7th place finish whilst every other team below was rubbish that year, why has he never done it before or since? Or even been close to finishing in the top third of the league? Or been sought out by any other club in the last decade?

Might as well say Claudio Ranieri is as good a manager as Klopp because they've both won 1 league title in England, or Roberto Di Matteo is as good as Pep because they've both won 1 UCL with an English club, or Alex McLeish is a better manager than Poch + DeZerbi + Potter + Emery + Howe etc because he's won the EFL cup and they haven't.

Very grim when our current Manager has done worse than the Spanish waiter did who was sacked for doing so poor.

Benitez

View attachment 227315

Dyche

View attachment 227316
Christ, things like this give you no actual context to anything. I know a lot of Everton fans who hated Carlo but he had one of the best win ratio’s out of any manager.

Dyche has beaten Arsenal, got a point against Chelsea away, got a point against Spurs at home, beaten Brighton away, we seem to do okay against the bigger sides and then not so against the smaller.

One thing for certain is you would rather have Dyche than Rafael, that’s nothing to do with the Liverpool connection, it was to do with his poor tactics, transfers, and overall performance. Fancy taking over and the first thing you do is getting rid of Digne and James, crazy.

Christ, things like this give you no actual context to anything. I know a lot of Everton fans who hated Carlo but he had one of the best win ratio’s out of any manager.

Dyche has beaten Arsenal, got a point against Chelsea away, got a point against Spurs at home, beaten Brighton away, we seem to do okay against the bigger sides and then not so against the smaller.

One thing for certain is you would rather have Dyche than Rafael, that’s nothing to do with the Liverpool connection, it was to do with his poor tactics, transfers, and overall performance. Fancy taking over and the first thing you do is getting rid of Digne and James, crazy.
I would rather have neither of them and 5 wins out of 22 games is absolutely woeful no matter who the wins or draws were against. It is relegation form.

Woulda! Coulda! Shoulda!…..seems to be the mantra Dyche lives his life by.
His career managerial record of games won , goals scored was poor before he came here.
He relegated Burnley twice and got them into Europe once , the balance of probabilities suggests the latter was the anomaly and the former more indicative of his future performance.
Could anyone else do better?, is an entirely speculative question and how you reply is entirely subjective.
But in my opinion the answer is a resounding yes ! Somebody could have done better in my view, but then Dyche has set the bar very low.
You seem to be making out that Burnley are Barcelona. Everyone knows they over achieved and did so for many years. The Burnley side he built, for far less money than this squad he has now, was probably better. But he had to sell his better players and had no money to replace them.

So what? Isn't that what football managers are supposed to do? Win games.

Comfortably beaten at home by Villa who didn't need to get out of second gear; humiliated against Arsenal and Newcastle and Fulham, struggled against an abysmal Leeds team that needed a fluke goal to get us out the mess, fluked a point against Leics who really should have been 3-up at half time, and needed until the last 20 minutes of the season to get a goal against Bournemouth that saw us finally overturn the 1 point deficit to safety when Dyche arrived at the end of January.

The bad far outweighs the good for me - but hey, we'll always have the memories of the few games we took points from I suppose.

It’s weird, loads of West Ham fans were saying the same about Moyes at the back end of last season, yet he won a trophy in the end. And they are fourth.

We have a manager who has limited resources both on and off the pitch. It’s fair to say we are starting, as a fan base, to look ridiculous criticising every manager. As if, they are the reason we are where we are. We also we boo a forward who goes off with a broken cheek bone and generally berate any player who isn’t world class!!!

Great place to play at the minute, Goodison park. We even booed players we haven’t signed and just supposedly interested in.

Good effort SOME fellow blues!!! Heaven forbid you SUPPORT the club!!

"you must support the club and not criticise the manager!" - are you sure your username isn't supposed to be Orwell...?!?

Again, it’s embarrassing see our fan base react as they do. Had we had a striker for the first games. We would have won one of them and sat in 13th.

The question is, would anyone else done better, possibly but probably not.

in this utterly hypothetical and totally unproveable scenario of yours can I have won the euromillions, bought the club and eloped with Miss World by any chance? Reckon I'd lead us to UEFA Cup glory quicker than you can say "good times!". 🤷‍♂️

"you must support the club and not criticise the manager!" - are you sure your username isn't supposed to be Orwell...?!?

in this utterly hypothetical and totally unproveable scenario of yours can I have won the euromillions, bought the club and eloped with Miss World by any chance? Reckon I'd lead us to UEFA Cup glory quicker than you can say "good times!". 🤷‍♂️

Sure, you keep bringing the misery to Goodison that will help. And in you unprovable hypothetical ‘any manger would have us in the champions league and any other manager would win the league this year.

I think the point is, the criticism doesn’t match the reality of our situation. Hence it makes us as club look like absolute muppets. Just as much as the board does.