Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just saw the clip of Roberto shooting that possibility down and confirming the 50 million bid that was also turned down from United...Barkley, for me, is the best English talent/prospect and by some distance...If Everton has any ambition going forward, which I'm sure Roberto et al do, there's no way they could consider Ross' sale in the near future...even for 50 million

It's a good statement of intent though as this should keep a lot of interested clubs at bay or force them to come up with a ridiculous offer

He didn't confirm the 50m bid.

I don't think I'd sell him for any amount of money beyond the absurd (I.E. enough to build a new ground).

The Bale sale shows that many good players are not better than one world class player. And while Ross isn't world class (or close to Bale's level) he has the potential to be. I don't think we could buy a player of Ross' potential with the money recouped from Ross + strengthen other areas of the team.

What Ross lets us do is focus on other areas of the pitch and look for good second options in his place.

Even beyond all that, he clearly will be better in 2-3 years than he is now - if we must sell him, sell him then, when he has a higher valuation.

If it doesn't work out, oh well, but letting go of an Evertonian wunderkid is not something we should be doing again.

I don't think I'd sell him for any amount of money beyond the absurd (I.E. enough to build a new ground).

The Bale sale shows that many good players are not better than one world class player. And while Ross isn't world class (or close to Bale's level) he has the potential to be. I don't think we could buy a player of Ross' potential with the money recouped from Ross + strengthen other areas of the team.

What Ross lets us do is focus on other areas of the pitch and look for good second options in his place.

Even beyond all that, he clearly will be better in 2-3 years than he is now - if we must sell him, sell him then, when he has a higher valuation.

If it doesn't work out, oh well, but letting go of an Evertonian wunderkid is not something we should be doing again.

It just shows that Spurs spent the money they recouped pretty abysmally :)

I agree though that RB could be as good as Bale in a couple of years. Hope that, if we do have to sell him, then he goes somewhere abroad like Bale did.

It just shows that Spurs spent the money they recouped pretty abysmally :)

I agree though that RB could be as good as Bale in a couple of years. Hope that, if we do have to sell him, then he goes somewhere abroad like Bale did.
But that's the rub - it's really hard to pick out players that will fit together all in one go.

The problem with Spurs is that they decided to spend all 90m or whatever it was on building a new squad. And it turned out that the squad doesn't play very well together and the season has been a letdown on last season.

So with a windfall like 90m you have to be very careful - do you try and rebuild your squad and lose a lot of the partnerships (Distin/Jags, Baines/Pienaar, Mirallas/Coleman) or do you spend big on one-two players (if you did that, why sell in the first place?).

Just buying loads of good players doesn't make a great team, and 90m is a drop in the bucket compared to what it took City/Chelsea/RS to get it right.

We shouldn't sell Ross/Stones/McCarthy for any amount of money. They're known quantities, which is value in itself.

No they are not. The quote has been changed, to look like their was a bid from Man United !!!
? You lost me unless i am reading it wrong lol,he said as i said watching it live,that speculation [as in terms of it been made up as always],we turned down a non exsistent 50 mil bid,so why would we accept a non exsistent 38 mil bid-nothing story

below is what i said ages ago

As martinez said himself in his press conference,why would he accept a 38 million rumoured bid from Liverpool,when he turned down a rumoured 50 million bid from man utd lol-ha you have to love our boss the way he take's the mick out of rumours etc.

ROSS I THINK WILL BE WITH US A VERY LONG TIME

The only players to leave GP should be those surplus to requirements i,e. on the verge of fading away, e,g. Osman, Pienaar, Gueye, or Velios.

1549445_764425780248937_8532381437286098245_n.jpg

Ross is absolutely soak in Everton history and will remain soak for many years to come.

Can these half-witted journo dullards at least wait till the transfer widow opens before making up these asinine incredulous transfer rumors?!?

I mean, seriously now?!? It feels like they're intentionally trying to insult our intelligence!

Ross is England's next best thing we must keep this lad at all costs he will be the heart and sole of everton and bobbys team. we evertonians are all starting to believe again and I love it buzzing.

Last edited:
If we sell Barkley to Liverpool I will perform self-immolation in front of kenwright in the directors box.

If we are serious about ever regaining the title he should never be allowed to leave

Wont happen end off, an intelligent man like Martinez
will have the last joke. having them media pricks thinking
'what can we come up with next' maybe moyez would lidz
but were boss now + ross is ours coyfb

Btw if anyone doubts LFC don't have a bearing on our club then ask yourself where this mischief making about Barkley and Stones came from.

Of course it won't happen primarily because for once we're not on the bones of our arse but make no doubt about it some LFC lackey will be enjoying this childish king of the castle gambit.

If LFC come out and said "it's nonsense" (as they could) I'd give them credit but they love trying to grind us into the dust.

Can't stand them ... c'mon Chels/City.

Status
Not open for further replies.