Ross Barkley vs Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to remember just how exciting it was to see Rooney with the ball at his feet at just 16. He could do anything. Ross isn't close I'm afraid.

Compare the teams both are in. At Everton.

One can look amazing in a gash team.

Whereas one who is amazing looks alright in a good team.

Since there's less individual reliance.

Compare the teams both are in. At Everton.

One can look amazing in a gash team.

Whereas one who is amazing looks alright in a good team.

Since there's less individual reliance.

I see your point, but we had a season with Rooney when we were quite a decent side. I remember a game against Bolton when Rooney was just amazing and running the game. Even at 21, Ross hasn't had a game like that for us yet.

I see your point, but we had a season with Rooney when we were quite a decent side. I remember a game against Bolton when Rooney was just amazing and running the game. Even at 21, Ross hasn't had a game like that for us yet.

We were never a decent side.

Until he left.

I think I'm going to hop up on to that fence with Chico, you're comparing two players at opposite ends of their careers. The only thing you can compare is their early breakthroughs, which Rooney wins hands down. Added to that the career Rooney has had since and the honours he has accumulated and it's just not a fair fight. Give Barkley a bit of time.

Rooney by far, he was extraordinarily good. Probably the most exciting Everton player in my lifetime and he was 16-18 when he played for us. He will likely end his career as the highest scorer in Manchester United and England's history.

Barkley is superb though.

Im not just saying this because Rooney left but I think Barkley has a bigger ceiling, he has it all, hight, speed, strength, physicality, weak foot, skill, flair.

Maybe Rooney peaked quickly, but I genuinly believe Ross will go further.

I agree with this one. How old is rooney 29?
I think ross will be a better player at 29 than rooney is now, but weather ross will achieve or do some of the things rooney has done inbetween i dont know.
For some reason i think ross may never really do it for england, he seems to be trusted less at international level.
Vault this when he tears up major tournament though

As far as naturally gifted goes, it's Rooney, but he hasn't fully delivered on those talents though. For all sorts of reasons I think Barkley will end up being the better footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.