Ross Barkley vs Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
barkley might have been better technically at a young age but rooney was a freak of nature in terms of physique for a 16 year old. combine that with a fearless aggression and obvious footballing ability and he really was remarkable. he's probably going to be utds top scorer ever, maybe england too. its a tough ask for barkley to reach those heights but we'll see

Very hard to measure how gifted you are.
What does it actually mean like?

Anyways, Rooney is like a matured warthog in heat, in the end part of his successful reign. While Ross is like a noble and gracious vapiti buck running around the oak fields with his lengty and muscular feet and other parts.

It helped Rooney that we were terrible or he may have been nurtured a bit more.
Ross was never gonna hit Rooney heights with that injury and Moyes scared to play him. He's gonna peak later than Rooney so it's hard to say whether he can eclipse him.
Also for me in the old 4-4-2 system Rooney is more of a 10 and Barkley is more of an 8.

Rooney by far for me but hes not developed as well as one would like and is a terribly bad professional attitude and fitness wise.
I expect barkley will have a better career on attitude alone

Apologies, let me instead make a projection and try to pass it off as fact whilst adding just enough condescending in my post to irk those who have a different opinion to me.

Be right back.

I've always seen you as as an old fashioned centre forward.

"Put it on Azul's head."

...Rooney was just about the finished article at 18, Barkley is older with injury set backs and is sill on an upward curve. Rooney looks likely to set his country's appearance and goalscoring records. Ross Barkley could be anything, it's going to be fascinating watching his development.

I'd love to see a scenario where Barkley didnt break his leg. Still think it wold be Rooney but Barkley you just never know.

Exactly.

Ross had a double leg break and still came back boss.

Rooney would have turned into a fat waster

Sniff it Rooney

Apologies, let me instead make a projection and try to pass it off as fact whilst adding just enough condescending in my post to irk those who have a different opinion to me.

Be right back.

You really do have this posting lark down to a "t".

God bless you.

People need to remember just how exciting it was to see Rooney with the ball at his feet at just 16. He could do anything. Ross isn't close I'm afraid.

Rooney has gone downhill since he had his hair transplant! I think they secretly transplanted some of Nicklas Bendtner's hair and it messed with his DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.