Ross Barkley vs Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney could of been one of the greats, he had it all at eighteen but he stopped developing when Ronaldo started developing. You will see the real Barkley by the time he's 24 and hopefully in an Everton shirt. His biggest enemy his himself. If he starts a game off well he's a world beater. If he starts bad it affects his decision making but not his desire. When he gains his experience you are going to a player and a half. A player Rooney could have been. He doesn't realise how good he is I don't think.

Rooney could of been one of the greats, he had it all at eighteen but he stopped developing when Ronaldo started developing. You will see the real Barkley by the time he's 24 and hopefully in an Everton shirt. His biggest enemy his himself. If he starts a game off well he's a world beater. If he starts bad it affects his decision making but not his desire. When he gains his experience you are going to a player and a half. A player Rooney could have been. He doesn't realise how good he is I don't think.

He's still a novice, last season and again this year it's been stop start through injury. Once he has a long extended run the confidence will flow through his veins and we'll see the World Class player we know he is shine through on a regular basis.

Im not just saying this because Rooney left but I think Barkley has a bigger ceiling, he has it all, hight, speed, strength, physicality, weak foot, skill, flair.

Maybe Rooney peaked quickly, but I genuinly believe Ross will go further.
Hight, dont even know what attribute that is but it sounds boss

Edit- i was tired grammar nazis

Last edited:

I know for a fact that when Barkley was coming through as a 14,15,16 year old many at the club believed he was better than Rooney, i personally think Ross' injury set him back a couple of years in development, So i'd say Rooney due to that fact.

As a youngster (16-19) Rooney was on the levels of Messi for me, he just didn't develop to reach the heights I thought he would. Sounds ridiculous to say considering the fantastic career he's had.

Right now Barkley is nowhere that, but I think he'll peak a lot later on. The natural talent is there, though I've rarely seen him sustain it for a full 90 minutes. Needs more performances like the Goodison Derby last year, probably his best game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.